PCFS help please!

From: <Jim.Lovell_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:59:50 +1100

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate some help from someone more familiar than me with PCFS hardware! Unfortunately our local expert left 5 months ago and we don't have a replacement yet.

The PCFS clock here at Tid is running about 30s fast. (i.e this is the clock displayed in the monitor window and is the one used to schedule the SNAP file). Running the setcl command to fix it, i.e "sy=run setcl offset" at the oprin prompt returns:

03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR rl -39 User 1 Hz sync signal not present
03:09:41?ERROR sc -10 setcl: failed too many times, time information not updated.

Not good! Looking at the back of the PCFS rack, everything seems plugged in but I can't be sure I'm tracing the external 1PPS signal, or even if I'm following the right one. Can anyone suggest where to go from here?

I can of course change the times in the SNAP files to account for the delay but I'd prefer not to.

Cheers,
Jim