Re: LBA schedule for March, version 0

From: <ibains_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:13:17 +1100 (EST)

Hi

We've had a look at the disk allocations for the current schedule. The way
things stand, with 60 hrs at 512 Mbps, we'd be pushing the disks to the
limit, resulting in the highly risky use of some low data rate disks for
one of the 12-hr high data rate experiments. It would be better to lower
one of the 12-hr 512 Mbps experiments down to 256 Mbps, or omit it
completely. This is consistent with Steve's initial estimate of 48 hr's
recording at the maximum rate and the remainder of the time at 256 or 128
Mbps. v211a looks like the best candidate for a lower data rate as it
doesn't include Tid.

The 2 500Gb La Cie disks will be shipped to Hart.

cheers
Indra