Re: LBA schedule for March, version 0

From: <stingay_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:55:48 +1100

Hi Jim,

I think dropping/modifying v211a would be the best bet. As Indra
points out, we would have to use the 180 GB disks for high data rate
recording, which is problematic. Cancelling v194b will not help, as
it only frees up more 180 GB disks.

First choice would be to drop v211a back to 256 Mbps. If 512 Mbps is
critical then v211a should be dropped completely. As Indra also
points out, v211a has no Tid allocation and is therefore disadvantaged
anyway if high sensitivity is critical.

If v211a is dropped completely, we can do some other low data rate
observation instead which can effectively use the 180 GB disks.

Cheers, Steven

--
Assoc. Prof. Steven Tingay