Re: VLBI interest in MIRA (xNTD)

From: <stingay_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:59:23 +1100

Hi Chris,

I think 2.4 GHz is important for the xNTD for VLBI. At 1.4 GHz we do
not have Ceduna, which means that uv coverages at 1.4 GHz which use
the xNTD will have a very large gap between the east-coast baselines
and the baselines between east and west coasts. This is not good for
calibration or high dynamic range imaging.

At 2.4 GHz having both Ceduna and the xNTD will make a big difference.
 Yesterday I was generating uv coverages for my VLBI/MIRA talk next
week, and the benefit of having both Ceduna and xNTD in the array is
substantial.

I guess an alternative would be to get 1.4 GHz on Ceduna. I assume
that this is difficult, as it has not been done yet.

Cheers, Steven

--
Assoc. Prof. Steven Tingay