Re: (First) eVLBI fringes

From: <Tasso.Tzioumis_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:04:23 +1100

Marvellous news guys. Congratulations. Well done. !!!!!

If you want to try for Circinus X-1 as Dave suggested, there is an X-
band schedule under vx011 you may want to modify. The source rises at
Parkes in about 2 hrs.

I'm looking forward into the Ho tests.

Cheers
Tasso

On 23/03/2007, at 8:31 PM, Adam Deller wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Just a quick update - we now have 256 Mbps PAMELA (Pks-At-Mop). Cool!
>The cluster is about 60% loaded, so we might be able to squeeze
>Hobart in
>at this rate, but I think the link will limit Hobart to 128 Mbps.
>Anyway,
>in about an hour we'll try to bring Hobart to the array and if that
>works
>we'll set off the first Australian eVLBI imaging experiment!
>
>Cheers,
>Adam
>
>PS This uses post-F fringe rotation, which is fine for the LBA doing
>continuum at L band. Higher frequencies and/or more spectral
>resolution
>would require pre-F fringe rotation, which would add a bit of
>computational load and probably require us to drop back to 128 Mbps
>with
>the existing cluster.
>
>On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Chris Phillips wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Adam and I have just achieved first evlbi fringes on ATCA-Mopra-
>>Parkes.
>>
>>This is using the Swinburne CPSR2 cluster at Parkes, streaming
>>data from
>>the antennas at 64 Mbps. We are about to attempt higher data rates
>>and
>>later this evening attempt with Hobart also.
>>
>>(Earlier claims of evlbi success were overly optimistic)
>>
>>Thanks to Shaun, JER and Brett Preisig for help setting up the
>>networks
>>for this to work.
>>
>>PS: We still have the array for a few more hours - let us know of any
>>transients you want to observe!
>>
>>Cheers
>>Chris and Adam
>>

>!=============================================================!
>Adam Deller Ph +61 3 9214 8502
>SKA Group Fax +61 3 9214 8797
>Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
>Swinburne University, Hawthorn VIC 3123, Australia

Tasso Tzioumis, Australia Telescope National Facility, CSIRO
Location: Cnr Pembroke & Vimiera Rds, Marsfield, NSW, 2122, AUSTRALIA
Post: PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9372 4350 Fax: +61 2 9372 4450 or 4310
Email: Tasso.Tzioumis_at_csiro.<!--nospam-->au