S2

From: <Brett.Reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:19:52 +1000

Is it OK to remove S2 recorders from the racks at the observatories?

Space in the rack is in short supply at Ceduna.
Hobart could have a short cable from DAS to VSIB if we put the LBAHDR
where the S2 is now. The long cable was found to be the problem
producing occasional "PPS Missing" errors during the last few VLBI runs.

What are other observatories doing?
I think I remember Chris saying we can take the S2 out to pasture.

Cheers,
Brett
--
Brett Reid
Observatory Manager, Radio Astronomy Group