Re: Ultra ATA disks for Xraids

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:00:22 +1000

Jim,

Thats within ball part of what I would expect.

I would not consider trying to upgrade a module. I think you are
likely to get an expensive brick.

Think about what you need the storage for. If it is not needed to
transport around for VLBI, you may be better getting either some
external "fixed" storage or a case with lots of spots for disks and
buying a 3ware or similar hardware raid card. You can buy rack mount
cases with space for heaps (>20) disks. An 8 disk hardware raid
controller is ~$600.