Re: S-band frequencies for June 2008

From: <Tasso.Tzioumis_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:40:09 +1000

Hi everyone,

I'm still concerned about RFI in the 2200-2250 MHz band.

I suggest that we change only the first 2.3 GHz run to fit in the
band and check during the test-time for RFI. If necessary we should
be able to adjust it during the test time (2 hours for v209c). Is
this feasible at Hobart and Ceduna? And at Parkes?
OR we take our chances with RFI...

I will coordinate with the PIs.

Cheers
Tasso

On 05/06/2008, at 11:50 AM::157, Chris Phillips wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Due to a failure on the S-band maser LNA at Tid, we have decided to
>change slightly the observing mode and frequencies for v209c and
>v212a. This should be updated in the wiki.
>
>A decision needs to be made about the other 2 S-band observations
>(without Tid). I think they should be recorded as dual pol.
>Suggesed to Jamie yesterday we record the same frequencies as the
>single pol experiments to avoid setup issues (hybrid tuning, LO
>changes at Cecuna/Hobart). Tasso is concerned about possible RFI
>issues.
>
>I don't have time to think about this. Could a consensus on the
>setup please be made by anyone who cares and the wiki and schedules
>updated appropriately.
>
>Cheers
>Chris

>Chris Phillips
>CSIRO ATNF eVLBI project scientist
>Office: (+61) (0)2 93724608 Mobile: (+61) (0)439487601

Tasso Tzioumis, Australia Telescope National Facility, CSIRO
Location: Cnr Pembroke & Vimiera Rds, Marsfield, NSW, 2122, AUSTRALIA
Post: PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9372 4350 Fax: +61 2 9372 4450 or 4310
Email: Tasso.Tzioumis_at_csiro.<!--nospam-->au