VLBI disks for February run

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:11:05 +0900

Hi All,

Just letting you know the disks for this run are boxed and AAE have been called. I'm hoping they'll go tonight, in which case we're fine. If you don't have your disks by Friday, you're allowed to panic! :)
Once again, sorry they're a bit late. Blame the 750s this time!
Looks like you start disk recording at 3pm local Eastern time on Monday, so hopefully it'll be okay, that's almost a week away!

So if you are getting itchy and want to track them, the reference number is 4483 4064
And the consignment notes are:
Parkes: #03316813 (attn Brett Preisig)
ATCA/Mp: #03316814
Tidbinbilla: #03316815
Hobart: #03316816
Ceduna: #03316817

Disks are:
Tid - 2x 400
Hobart - 1x 750 (rest already supplied)
Ceduna - 2x 750, 1x 500 (spare on site to make up full quota of 5x 3 TB)
Parkes - 5x 500
AT - 9x 500 (10 needed in total but should have at least one spare on site by our calculations. If this turns out not to be the case I can probably priority ship you one more).

OBSERVERS NOTE: v292a is a tiny experiment (Max 0.4TB, I believe), so it should be able to fit on the disks from the previous experiment(s). I guess if things get desperate record to internal disks and clear it up later, but things should be okay.

After the run, Hobart, Ceduna & Tid please return ship the disks to Curtin. ATNF telescopes to hopefully successfully trial electronic transfer of data to WA. Please remember that the November disks from ATCA, Mp and Parkes still need to be shipped Westwards - Tasso or whoever is going to Parkes, can you please organise this to happen, as I don't think there are any appropriate staff onsite at the moment.

I'm sorry we're so short on disks this run. If you find yourself running out of space (BEFORE it happens!) let me know, I still have 3 sets here that I'm intending to use for the electronically transferred data, but I could supply them if *absolutely necessary*. If you have any failed disks (becoming increasingly common!), I have some spare 500s here. Chris doesn't have any, so ask me (contrary to what it says on the following link).
If you DO experience a disk failure, please follow these instructions: http://cira.ivec.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/correlator/rebuild

Addendum: AAE guy is here, disks are on way!! :)

Happy observing!

Claire