Fwd: Unplanned Outage: AARNet service to Melbourne (fwd)

From: <Simon.Ellingsen_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:59:45 +1100

Hi,

        This is obviously going to have an impact on eVLBI tests/experiments
involving Hobart until fixed. I've talked to John Miezitis in ITR and
he will keep us informed of developments on this issue.

Begin forwarded message:

>The University's connection to AARNet and the Internet is provided by
>two 1 55Mbit/s services between Hobart and Melbourne. As of 0925 this
>morning one of these services has developed a fault. The impact of
>the fault is that the AARNet link is running at half bandwidth and no
>redundancy. During peak times access to the Internet may appear to be
>slow.
>
>The fault is being investigated by AARNet and Telstra.
>
>Cheers.
>John Miezitis
>Manager, CommTech
>IT Resources
>Ph: 03 6226 6181

Regards

Simon
--
Simon Ellingsen : Senior Lecturer Physics & Astronomy, University of
Tasmania