Observers Checklist for VLBI

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:50:34 +0800

Hi All,

I've uploaded the draft checklist for VLBI observing to the wiki. It can be found on the front page under the Documentation heading, or here:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/uploads/Main/Observing%20Checklist.pdf

Please have a look at it, and if you have any feedback or changes you'd like made before the run, please let me know ASAP, as I leave Perth next Wednesday (I'm having a short break, then doing some pulsar observing before the VLBI starts).

I've tried to keep the points relatively generic except for those that really do apply to every station (like the cDisko checks) - some of these things will mean different things to UTas observers than to ATNF or Tid observers simply because of the different control systems used (PCFS vs not PCFS). If you see any problems or omissions, or things that aren't clear, please let me know.

Sorry the file is currently slightly poor quality, the wiki upload limits are rather tight at the moment! :)

Just if you're wondering, I've got 9 disk sets formatted, and have another 5 to do (some need ot be backed up here first as some disk sets have to be returned from the Feb session although they're not correlated yet), I hope to get things shipped on Monday. Will keep the observatory staff informed.

Cheers

Claire