Disks on way for July09 VLBI

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:58:15 +0800

Hi all,

I have called AAE, this run's VLBI disks should leave Curtin this afternoon. Shipping Aus Air Express, off peak. *should* make it in time!
Ref #: 45983801

I am shipping the following disks:

ATCA/Mp: Con # 03316847. Please retain for electronic transfer back to Perth.
CURT V001A
ATNF V008A
ATNF V009B
ATNF V001A

Hobart: Con # 03316820. Please retain for electronic transfer to (maybe TPAC, then) Perth.
ATNF V016B (in the case of CURT V003B)
UTAS V001A
CURT V001B

Ceduna: Con # 03316821. Please ship all used disks back to Perth (including v271c). You should have one spare set. Note new address, 1 Turner Ave. - see shipping addresses on wiki.
ATNF V013A
ATNF V009A
ATNF V010A
ATNF V005A
ATNF V011A

Tidbinbilla: Con # 03316819. Please transfer data from xraids to external disks and negotiate with Canberra ARCS to transfer to Perth (Graham?). Retain xraids for future experiments (and get externals back to Tid after transfer!).
SWIN V013A (400s)
SWIN V013B (250s - may be a bit flakey)
ATNF-E001 (external)
ATNF-E002 (external)

No disks are shipped to Parkes as no extras are required for this run and I don't have any more readily available! I will endeavour to provide more spares in future runs.

Please note, especially if you're remote observing (eg. at Ceduna), all disks should bear volume labels now (I hope!), so to verify which disks you're recording to you can check what's 'left' and 'right' using "df -h" (gives device name on left and mount point on right), and check labels with something like "sudo e2label /dev/sd?1".

Happy Observing!

Claire