July VLBI session

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 21:01:29 +1000

Hi all,

I thought it would be worth sending a few notes on some of the
experiments.

Tomorrow morning we will start with an X-band fringes test Mopra-
Kashima-Hobart, if Mopra is available.

Around noon we will swap to 22 GHz and include Ceduna. Initially we
will try a standard vsop.pro setup and once we have fringes change
over to a 64 MHz mode (which will need the BG3 cable installed). At
about 1:30pm Tid will join in for 80 minutes. Sometime during this
period Parkes will also join in and hopefully ATCA at some stage.
v275c starts at 5pm. We need to have changed back to standard vsop
setup and run a final fringe check before this.

On Saturday afternoon rg001c is an eVLBI experiment to JIVE. Following
this at 6pm we change to a 64 MHz setup which requires the BG3 cable
to be installed.

Starting 7am on Sunday morning is v271c (plus fringe test). This
requires Mark5 at Parkes and Hobart and split frequency setup for all
the other stations.

Chris Phillips
CSIRO ATNF eVLBI project scientist
Office: (+61) (0)2 93724608 Mobile: (+61) (0)439487601