New "Data Management" section on VLBI Wiki

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:51:01 +0800

Hi All,

I have superseded, but not yet removed, so as not to mess anyone up just yet, the disk summary table on the wiki.

From the Main page > Miscellaneous I have created a link "Data Transport Pages".
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=Main.DataManagement

This page contains links to the old disk summary table (something I want to keep for archival purposes if nothing else, and it is certainly of value in tracking down lost sets, as we haven't moved away from disk shipping altogether yet!); a NEW disk summary table as suggested by Jamie (I think) where the disks are sorted by station rather than all being in together - this should make life easier for observers during the run; the transfer summary table and history pages showing what's on pbstore and where; and a page for session specific transfers, such as that made for the July run.

PLEASE NOTE the session transfers pages (eg http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=DataManagement.JulyDiskTransfer) have space for a calendar of required downtime for transfers from each site - so any known network outages or required stoppages for eVLBI etc can be filled in here - hopefully it's pretty intuitive, as it's VERY IMPORTANT that this table is maintained - if Graham breaks a network during eVLBI and it wasn't on the table, then it's maybe not entirely his fault. (PS Graham, know the network capacities of each link and stay well under them!!)
Communication is the key to success, and a simple table that we can all read and edit which lays out information in a simple visual form is likely to be a winner over emails.
We may need to make sure a pulsar person from Swinburne is also made aware of this table and involved in its maintenance.

Hope this helps and is a bit easier, and I'll take down the old disk table before we need to start modifying it ahead of the next run in a month or so.

Cheers

Claire