RE: During VLBI observing...

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:59:00 +0800

Hi All,

Still not seeing disk labels for most sites for v255f. :(
Need to know what experiments are on which disks in order to do transfers at the end of the run.

Hobart and Ced - need disk labels in wiki. Otherwise, thanks for keeping the logs up to date :)
ATCA/Mopra - thanks Chris :)
Parkes - NOTHING!!!! Please record your disk label, any non-conventional set ups (were your pols swapped or normal in fringe check?), and if you've had any windstows/power outages/other - exact times don't matter, but it gives the correlators some idea of whether to expect screwy data if we know there have/haven't been any incidents. Need to do such a log for each experiment (eg here: http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=LBASep2009.V255fPaLog?action=edit)

JamieS if you get this... how do I do a label query with the new xfs format? Seems e2label is not a winner (makes sense!!). At the moment I don't know how to check what disk labels observatories are using so I can't do it myself even if I want to!! :)

BTW I've just installed Skype on this machine so might be able to join chats later if that'd help. Not working at the moment though. user cehotan.

Happy observing!

Claire