Re: Fringes from Australia-Japan VLBI test

From: <s.tingay_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:04:38 +0800

Hi Simon,

Well done!

The very first real disk-based + software correlated observation we
did in 2004(?) used Japan, South Africa, VLBA and the LBA and used K5,
Mark5 and LBADR recordings. Not sure we have done much since with
Japan, but certainly not with any of the VERA antennas.

Of course, the pain in regular use is the format conversion currently
required. If this could be streamlined or eliminated, it would be a
very useful additional capability.

Cheers, Steven

--
Professor Steven Tingay
Premier's Fellow
Deputy Director
ICRAR
Deputy Director
Western Australian Radio Astronomy Centre of Excellence
Director, Science and Operations
Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy
Department of Imaging and Applied Physics
Curtin University of Technology
Bentley, Western Australia
Australia
Street address:
Brodie Hall building
1 Turner Ave
Technology Park
Bentley 6102
Western Australia
Email:  s.tingay_at_ivec.<!--nospam-->org OR s.tingay_at_curtin.<!--nospam-->edu.au
WWW: http://astronomy.curtin.edu.au
Phone: +61 (0)8 9266 3516
Mobile: +61 (0)425 771 856