LBA ops meeting - Draft program

From: <Tasso.Tzioumis_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:53:03 +1100

Hi everyone,

Below is a draft program for this meeting. We have only a day this
time (vs 2-3 days in previous years), so the program would have to be
compact and focussed... The emphasis is really on discussion rather
than on reports or long presentations.
The names against people are as facilitators of the discussion. Only
short presentations if any please...

Please send me your comments asap and I'll revise it.

Cheers
Tasso

LBA Ops/technical meeting, Hobart, Friday 12 Feb 2010

DRAFT PROGRAM

Evening Thursday 11 Feb
~6:30-7pm Get together dinner and drinks. Place TBD.

Friday 12 Feb 2010

8:30-9:00 am Welcome and Housekeeping

9:00- 10:30 e-VLBI/technical
e-VLBI developments (Chris Phillips)
- Current status
- Networking issues
- eVLBI ops
- eVLBI demos
- eVLBI plans/issues

NZ (Tasso/Tim)

DAS developments

ASKAP VLBI/eVLBI plans (Tingay)

eVLBI workshop in Perth (Tingay)
-dates
- organisation

10:30 - 11:00 Tea/coffee

11:00-12:30 Technical/operations
- Correlators (APSR, CAVE, CUPA,...) (Cormac/Chris)
- DiFX issues

- GPU developments (Richard)

- Storage (ARCS, Disks...)

- SCHED developments (Cormac)

- other ops/technical developments

12:30-1:30 Lunch

1:30-3:00 Operational issues
General operations and scheduling (Phil)
  - observing sessions
  - observing support;
  - remote observing
  - LBA monitoring

Wiki operation/ improvements (Cormac/Chris)

Telescope issues (Tasso)
  - short status reports

Call for proposals

Integrated LBA operation?