Disks for March 2010 VLBI

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:36:35 +0800

Hi All,

As it seems we now have confirmation of all observing modes for the upcoming March10 run, I've made a disk budget.

It looks like all the experiments are ~12hr_at_256 (=1/2 set) disk experiments except for v271e and v252p.<!--nospam--> v252p will be 1 full set at all stations (24hr_at_256), while v271e will be 24hr_at_512mbps at ATNF stations (2 disk sets), 256mbps at Ceduna (1 set) and recorded only to Mk5 at Hobart.<!--nospam-->

Re. v271e, Hobart and Parkes can you please ensure that you have available Mk5 disk packs for this experiment? Thanks.

It seems Tid is available for 7 hours.

I thus expect disk usages as follows:
ATCA, Mopra, Parkes = 6 disk packs (15.9 TB including vt11x).
Ceduna = 5 disk packs (13.1 TB)
Hobart = 4 disk packs (10.4 TB)
Tid = 0.5 disk packs (0.8 TB)

Currently Hobart, Parkes and Tid have sufficient capacity onsite.
ATCA and Mopra currently have ~9 available sets between them, so can Chris, Phil or someone confirm if CAVE recording will be an option for this run? Thanks!
Ceduna has 1 disk pack so I will ship 4 or 5 according to how many are available here.

We will arrange data transfers for after the run closer to the time.

If anyone sees any errors here, please let us know ASAP.
People on site, if you feel like doing it in advance you may wipe your disks, but ***DO NOT delete any v271d data*** (Narrabri/Mopra).
If you clean disks, please update the wiki. http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=DataManagement.DisksByAntenna

Cheers,

Claire