While observing...

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:40:29 +0800

Hi Guys,

Here's my usual rant :)

Let's cut it down to the most basic thing I'd like you to do so that we can find things and explain missing data after the run: UPDATE THE WIKI! :)

I haven't actually checked yet, hopefully you all are, but PLEASE remember to note where you are recording your data for each experiment for each antenna (in the antennas pages off each expt page).

I'd really really love it if you could also update at least one of the date management tables. Seeing we're using CAVE as well as disks now, at Pks/ATCA/Mp/Hba you might like to update the table at the bottom of this page:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=DataManagement.March10DiskTransfer
where "disk" means either disk label or cave, and "location" means, eg, pkvsi1:/xraid0 or cave-store-ext:/whatever.

If you're feeling up to it I'd really like if for the disk expts (ie whenever you're recording to xraid) you could also please update
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=DataManagement.DisksByAntenna
as this helps us sort out which sets are available for the next run.

For Ceduna (and Tid I guess) please just update each expt page with disk set used, and the "disks by antenna" link immediately above - don't worry about the other one, that's only for e-transfers.

(okay, one other thing, don't forget there IS a vlbi observing checklist linked on the front page of the wiki somewhere if you need reminding of what you should be looking at).

Happy observing! :)

Claire