July 2010 VLBI run

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:03:59 +0800

Hi All,

Just a reminder that the next VLBI run starts next Thursday.

Disks have been supplied to all sites, at least for the standard experiments. Parkes will need to confirm they have sufficient Mark5 media for v271f (Hobart does).
Remember that we are aiming to keep a little of each experiment's fringe check data, so be aware of where you record fringe check data and whether to run clean - Chris (or someone) will inform everyone so we are consistent across all sites.

During observing, please remember to regularly follow the prompts on www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/uploads/Main/VLBI Checklist.pdf (linked in "Documentation" on the front page of the wiki), as well as anything else as pertinent during the run (observers, keep an eye on the Skype chat). This should help any problems which arise from going undiagnosed for too long - and remember to keep an eye on all telescopes and alert other observers if something seems out of place.

I'd really love it if you could update the disk pages, but I realise that editing more than one page is a bit to ask, so at least PLEASE update the page for each experiment for your telescope, including disk label (check http://www.evlbi.atnf.csiro.au/cgi-bin/diskmon.pl, but physically confirm which set you are recording to where possible), and telescope configuration as appropriate.
On this page also please document downtimes and their causes - wind, power outage, source set, etc.

Following the run data from all sites but Ceduna can be transferred electronically to Perth.
Graham, I have created the directory structure in the usual place, I believe permissions are as they should be.
Shinji, I believe you have ample USB disks to get your data to the ARCS facility in Canberra, I will leave you to coordinate the Tid transfer with ARCS.
Looking at the schedules for Hobart, ATCA and Mopra there doesn't seem to be any obvious hold-ups so transfers can proceed at will (remembering to cap Hobart's transfer rate to <100mbps).
Parkes as usual has a lot of pulsar observing, but it is not obvious that any of it will require the network until at least August 18th. Before you start Parkes transfers please confirm network availability with Ettore. If any transfer halts are required (at Parkes or any other site), please give Graham 24 hours warning if possible.

Happy observing!

Claire