disk tracking in the wiki

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:21:49 +0800

Guys,

I know you're already really sick of me saying this, but PLEASE update AT LEAST the individual experiment pages for each telescope in the wiki. I'm not psychic and neither is Graham. If disks get unmounted during the recording because you need to record to other disks, we HAVE TO know which disks each experiment is recorded to, it's not fair on Ettore or anyone at any of the telescopes for us to say "please load disks and check their contents until you find experiment blah".
I CAN figure out where you're recording to between this page (http://www.evlbi.atnf.csiro.au/cgi-bin/diskmon.pl) and logging in manually and checking where the data is going.
However, strictly speaking I'm only employed 2 days a week and can't really be expected to be here checking the recording throughout each run, and really, it shouldn't be that much to ask - you should already be making notes there about missed scans and configuration set ups (this is science, the wiki is your notebook!).

For those who are already doing this, please disregard this email, I really am grateful. For those not currently doing so (Parkes, I'm looking at you), PLEEEEEASE do so, it'll only take you ~30sec and will make life much easier for me, Graham and Ettore. You have not recorded where v316d was recorded to.

Incidentally if there's some reason why it hasn't happened that's been mentioned on Skype I appologise, I'm not in my office this morning I'm in a computer lab and don't have access to the Skype chat from here.

Thank you

Claire