Next short VLBI run (Dec 14-17)

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:58:08 +0800

Hi All,

According to Phil's preliminary schedule, the next summer VLBI experiments will be held over the period 14th - 17th December.
There will be three experiments in this run.

Hobart and Ceduna will each need roughly 6TB of recording space;
Mopra and ATCA will each need about 8TB recording space;
Parkes will need somewhat less due to other observing commitments, around 5TB.
I don't know if Tid is participating but they'll have plenty of disk space anyway.

The transfers from the October session are fully backed up, and I'm currently in the process of confirming the completion of the November short run transfers, once this is done (see here: http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=DataManagement.201011SummerDiskTransfer) you are welcome to recycle your disks on site.

I will endeavour to supply one-two more disk sets to Ceduna, but this is not a high priority as Cd currently has sufficient space for this run but will need more disks by January.

If there are any hassles on the recording media front, please let me know.

cheers

Claire