Re: vlbi telecon - 18 July 2011

From: <jon_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 06:49:04 +0200 (SAST)

Hi All

On Sun, July 17, 2011 5:34 pm, Tasso Tzioumis wrote:
>(Apologies to Hart for the very unfriendly hour.. but you can send a
>report if you wish...)
>
>Details and a draft agenda are on the wiki
>http://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/wiki/index.php?n=Main.Telecon2011Jul18

Still half asleep but a few things I should report.

1. Last session we had an instability problem with our X-band LO which
explains the sudden drop in fringe amplitude during the fringe test. The
(very old) DRO has since been replaced and the geodetic correlators are
reporting normal operation again.

2. We have now upgraded our Mark4 terminal into a 'Mark5' which involved
gutting the Mark4 formatter and turning it into a VSI4 sampler (like
Parkes I think) and converting our recorder into a Mark5B. A quick test
on e-transferred data last week confirmed fringes in all 14 sub-bands ie.
that the conversion was successful. We also have a spare Mark5B+ on hand
which can now be swapped in if needed.

3. We have purchased a stock of 8TB SATA disk-packs which should enable
us to record LBA session data (for later e-transfer) for the foreseeable
future.

That's all I can think of since I last saw you in Auckland.

One question to pose is when would you want Hart to be involved in fringe
checks as I need to plan for me/Sarah to handle those shifts ...

Regards
  Jon