Re: New equipment for Hobart 26m

From: <Jim.Lovell_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:54:56 +1000

Hi Chris,

I don’t think there’s any immediate plan to retire the DAS’s. We’d obviously consult with you guys first before doing so anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes another 6 months for the DBBC to arrive so we’ll be sticking with the DAS until then. When it does arrive I think we may want to run some VLBI tests with DAS/LBADR and DBBC/Mark5 in parallel to make sure we get the same results.

Cheers,
Jim