RE: LBA ops/technical/networking meetings - Detailed Agenda

From: <David.Jauncey_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:56:28 +1100

Dear Tasso,

One item that I would like to bring to the attention of the Oz VLBI community is access to the RadioAstron Early Science Program. A proposal was submitted to the ATNF TAC late last year, and through this it is possible to arrange and schedule ground-space observations with RadioAstron on baselines up to 350,000 km. Thus there is the potential for considerable new and exciting science projects with resolution approaching 1 muas.

I understand that there is likely to be a face-to-face RadioAstron meeting in Moscow probably around June this year. As I am still a member of the RISC, I would be interested to hear about the interests of the Oz community.

Cheers,

Dave