[Fwd: Re: Ceduna clock maintenance]

From: <Brett.Reid_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:02:00 +1100

Simon suggested I forward this response to the wider VLBI group.
It is the GPS guy's response to my questions about whether improvements
are observable from the GPS data to their maser synchronised clock,
since the work Warren and I did in the week prior to the last LBA run at
Ceduna.

The reason it is being forwarded to this group is that there may be some
of you who can help us interpret the plots/comments and determine if
this type of data can give us a check for future on the Ceduna phase
stability problem as an alternative to waiting for VLBI data
correlation. After all, this GPS data is already being continuously
monitored. Simon and I were unsure of what "phase slips in units of
(1cycle/2ns)" comment means, after taking a quick look.

Please let me know if you have ideas on using this data as a check for
Ceduna phase stability or if you have questions also that I can pass on
to Jim Ray.

Regards,
Brett

Please note that Jim Ray's message below refers to attachments. Because
of the size restriction of posts to this mail list, I have stripped of
the .pdf attachments and placed them in the following folder available
on the web:
http://users.on.net/~cdadsl/CdMaser/gpsPlots/