Warkworth Maser

From: <tim.natusch_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 06:33:44 +0000

To all interested in the LBA,
                                       as some of you know the Warkworth Maser has developed a fault. In order to get this fixed under warranty we are going to have to return it to the manufacturer (Symmetricom) in the USA. I had hoped that the timing of this would not impact on our participation in LBA VLBI sessions but it now seems that this is not the case. We will likely be with out the Maser for a period of 2 months from next week. Clearly we would avoid this disruption if possible but it is in our best long term interest to get this fixed while it can be done under warranty.

All the best,
                 Tim