Re: v516a NAPA observation tonight

From: Jamie McCallum <Jamie.McCallum_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 11:20:22 +1000

Hi Chris,
        The frequency/pol selection should be fine for Ke and Yg. One thing to
bear in mind with the schedule though - please make sure the VEX file
leaves a bit of time between scans to keep the mark5s happy. We've had
some problems with the fast AuScope dishes and phase referencing
experiments where a new scan is started before the previous one
finishes. It causes the recorder to complain and end up skipping scans -
usually every second one. The problem seems to be triggered by the short
slewing times and the default PRESTART and MINPAUSE settings. Once the
VEX file is available, I can drudg it and see if there's likely to be a
problem...
Cheers,
Jamie

On 01/07/14 09:54, Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected