RE: schedules for next session

From: Stuart Weston <stuart.weston_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:00:19 +0000

OK I have changed it to use jive5ab. We have lost lots of scans I am afraid on this with DIMino not handling disk2file and Stuart Weston Mobile: 021 713062 Skype: stuart.d.weston Email: stuart.weston_at_email.protected> We are having issues with the schedule: > > The 30m is running the new FS on debian wheezy : > > 2015.085.01:31:21.44;Log Opened: Mark IV Field System Version 9.11.6 > > It seems some of the "disk2files" are trying to save more than the 1s ! This > then means that the next mk5 command fails and the "mk5cn" times out. After > that the schedule goes wrong, all mk5 commands time out. > > We have to stop "DIMino" and restart it. The schedule then catches up and > continues. > > I'll pass this onto Ed, but might want to stop all the "disk2files" in the > rest of the schedules. Or check the time extraction syntax. I suspect if you look closely that the disk2file is probably asking for the right slice but DIMino is then not extracting it correctly. The code in jive5ab is a lot more reliable in that regard. The FS should be including 'disk2file=abort' commands to protect against this, but the Linux OS misbehaves if you allow uncontrolled asynchronous buffered disk writes as that fills up system memory if the disk falls behind. The jive5ab code has a limits on the buffering to prevent this. We needed this fix to be able to play the near-realtime correlation game with Tsukuba. Regards Jon