Re: LBA DAS problem at Hart

From: Jonathan Quick <jon_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 10:27:48 +0200

Hi Brett

On Wed, June 17, 2015 4:40 pm, Brett Reid wrote:
> Have you tried different DAS profiles or examined the one you are using
> in case it is corrupt for the first channel?
>
> We have found it is easy to hit a wrong key and accidentally edit and
> save a profile when you wanted to load one.

I'm not using that software ie. loading a profile at all - it is all commanded
logically from first principles, both in the FS coding and the independent
device server (based on the same code though). Since that hasn't been touched
- it is unlikely to be the cause, but I'm going to resurrect the DOS
executable to be sure (and to try the diagnostics Dick suggested).

> At Hobart we run a DOS program on an outdated Windows machine. Win ME,
> only 15 years old.
> At Ceduna we run a DOS emulator of some sought on Linux.
> Contact me if you want either of these.
> The DAS profiles are probably similar files in either case.

I am planning to use the DOS emulator from Linux on our FS - first attempt
segfaulted so I will have to try harder :-)

Thanks
  Jon