cass-01-per upgrade (and downtime)

From: Cormac Reynolds <cormac.reynolds_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 15:11:35 +0800

Dear all,

the machine we use for data transfers, cass-01-per.it.csiro.au, is about
to be upgraded to increase its disk capacity. This should provide a
significant benefit for our data transfer logistics.

Unfortunately the upgrade requires a move to new hardware and a complete
re-installation of the machine. We'll also have to migrate existing data
from the old disks to the new ones.

We therefore request to avoid any transfers to cass-01-per from Monday
July 2nd until the upgrade and data migration are complete. This is
likely to take about two weeks - hopefully everything will be up and
running again before the end of the coming LBA session.

The new machine may have a different IP address which will affect
firewall configurations. I'll let you know as soon as I have that
information available. Any software you currently have installed on
cass-01-per will also need to be re-installed on the new machine.

If you have data that needs to be transferred before the new machine is
available, please let me know and we'll make some arrangement.

Any questions, please ask.

regards,
Cormac.

--
cormac.reynolds_at_email.protected+61864368748