PULSE@Parkes: Application for an Observing Slot
Observing slots on the October 2015 Parkes schedule (October 2015 - March 2016) are now open for applications.
Before completing and submitting your application please read the information provided on the Teacher FAQ page.
|1||26 October 2015||11.00 - 13.00||Open for applications|
|2||20 November 2015||11.00 - 13.00||Open for applications|
|3||9 December 2015||0630 UT||Special session in Guangzhou, China|
|4||10 December 2015||0600 UT||Special session in Guangzhou, China|
|5||12 December 2015||0430 UT||Special session in Guangzhou, China|
|6||22 January 2016||11.00 - 13.00||Open for applications|
|7||26 February 2016||11.00 - 13.00||Open for applications|
|8||17 March 2016||11.00 - 13.00||Open for applications|
Please note that dates and times of sessions are subject to change. This is particularly for the 2016 dates at this stage.
To appy, please send an email to the Project Coordinator, Robert Hollow that includes the following:
- Your name
- School name
- School address
- Contact number at work (include area code)
- Contact email
- Number of students (maximum 24) and which year/s they are in. The program is usually open to students in Years 10 -12.
- Indicate if they are studying the Astrophysics option if NSW Physics or some type of special program.
- Please indicate your choice of preferred dates from the sessions shown above. You may select up to three possible sessions.
- Pleae use PULSE@Parkes Application in the subject line.
If you have a small group, please indicate if you are willing to share the slot with another small group from a different school.
Project staff may contact you regarding your application. Please be aware that we usually receive more applications than places available so preference is given to applications received by Sunday 13 September 2015.
For further details please contact Robert Hollow via email or on 02 9372 4247