to the website of Tobias Westmeier. I am a Research Assistant Professor at the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) which is a joint venture between the University of Western Australia and Curtin University of Technology. For my Ph.D. thesis I studied the mysterious high-velocity clouds around the Milky Way and the Andromeda Galaxy. On the following pages you will find more information about my research. If you like to know more about my other interests, please have a look at my private website (sorry, in German only).
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009
Phone: +61 (0)8 6488 4592
- The outcome of the SKA site selection process has been announced, with both Australia/New Zealand and southern Africa getting part of the SKA. The details of the dual-site approach are explained on the SKA website.
- TheSkyNet is now online! TheSkyNet is a citizen science project that allows participants to donate computer processing time to research projects in radio astronomy. One of the intended applications for theSkyNet is source finding on HIPASS data cubes and ASKAP simulations.
- Important announcement: I have taken up a new position at the University of Western Australia in Perth on 1 October 2010. My contact details have therefore changed, and my CSIRO e-mail address in particular will no longer be working.
- ASKAP-related workshops in November/December:
Recent meetings in Sydney:
- Diffuse gas in and around the Milky Way, 3–4 December 2009
- Missing Baryons, Accretion, and Feedback in Galaxies, 30 November – 2 December 2009
- The Many Faces of Centaurus A, 28 June – 3 July 2009
- The outcome of the review of ASKAP Survey Science Projects has been announced. For more information please visit the ASKAP website.
- International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR)
- Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF)
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database (NED)
- SkyView Virtual Observatory
- Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg (CDS)
- Virtual Radio Interferometer (VRI)
- SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Astrophysics preprint server (astro-ph)