Past ATNF co-supervised students
- Meng Yu (Bejing University; Jan 2013. Now xxx, China)
"Pulsar X-ray thermal emission in a solid quark star model &
Glitches in southern radio pulsars"
- Chris Hales (USyd; Dec 2012. Now NRAO, USA)
"Deep imaging of the radio sky in total intensity
and linear polarisation"
Stefan Oslowski (USwin; Dec 2012. Now USwin)
"The highest precision pulsar timing"
- Yanett Contreras (UChile; May 2012. Now ATNF)
"The nature of filamentary structures of dense molecular gas
in the Galactic Plane"
Lina Levin Preston (USwin; Jun 2012. Now University
of West Virginia, USA)
"A Search for Radio Pulsars: from Millisecond Pulsars
- Rajan Chhetri (UNSW; June 2012)
"Quasars, Radio Galaxies and Gravitational Lenses in
the High Radio Frequency Universe"
- Luke Hindson (University of Hertfordshire; Jun 2012.
"The G305 star forming complex: a panoramic view of the
environment and star formation"
- Minnie Mao (UTas; May 2012. Now NRAO, USA)
"Cosmic evolution of radio sources in ATLAS"
- Kate Chow (nee Randall) (USyd; Mar 2012)
"The evolution of young radio sources and the milliJansky
radio source population"
- Andres Guzman (UChile; Jan 2012. Now CfA, Boston)
"Ionized jets and molecular outflows in high-mass
young stellar objects"
- Elizabeth Mahony (USyd; Nov 2011. Now ASTRON, NL)
"Unveiling the high-frequency radio source population"
- Tye Young (Honours Thesis. ANU; Oct 2011)
"Mapping interstellar molecular emission lines
with the Tidbinbilla 70m radio telescope"
- Sui-Ann Mao (Harvard University; Oct 2011. Now Jansky Fellow at
UWisconsin, Madison, USA)
"Magnetic Fields in the Milky Way and the Magellanic Clouds"
- Keith Bannister (USyd; Sep 2011. Now ATNF)
"Radio Transients: Surveys and Techniques"
- Laura Bonavera
(SISSA; Sep 2011. Now Cantabria, Spain)
"Spectra of Extragalactic Radio Sources After Planck"
- Doug Hayman (UMacquarie; Aug 2011. ATNF staff).
"Beamforming and Evaluation of Focal Plane Arrays
for Radio Astronomy"
- Aquib Moin (UCurtin; ? 2011. Now Shanghai
Astronomical Observatory, China)
"e-VLBI Science with LBA. Exploring Science Applications for
the Long Baseline Component of ASKAP"
- Daniel Yardley (USyd; May 2011).
"Studying Gravitational Waves With Pulsars: Results from the
Parkes Pulsar Timing Array"
- Annie Hughes (USwin; Mar 2011. Now MPIA Heidelberg, Germany)
"Molecular Gas in the Large Magellanic Cloud"
- Joanne Dawson (University of Nagoya, Japan; Dec 2010. Now UTas)
"Supershells as Molecular Cloud Factories in the Evolving ISM:
Observations of HI and 12CO in the Galactic Supershells
GSH 287+04-17 and GSH 277+00+36"
- Sarah Burke-Spolaor (USwin; Oct 2010. Now JPL, USA)
"Supermassive Black Hole Binaries and Transient Radio Events:
Studies in Pulsar Astronomy"
- Deanna Matthews (LaTrobe University; Oct 2010)
"The Magellanic Stream South of 0 degr Declination -
A High-Resolution ATCA and Parkes HI Investigation"
- Natasa Vranesevic (USyd; Sep 2010)
"Galactic distribution and evolution of pulsars"
- Shari Breen (UTas; Sep 2010. Now ATNF)
"Masers as evolutionary tracers of high-mass star formation"
- Emma Kirby
(ANU; Aug 2010. Now in Canberra)
"Turning the time arrow: an evolutionary history of the local
Urvashi Rau (UNM; May 2010. Now NRAO, USA)
"Parameterized Deconvolution for Wide-Band Radio Synthesis
- Paul Hancock (USyd; Jul 2010. Now USyd)
"The Australia Telescope 20 GHz Survey and
the Search for Young Radio Galaxies"
- Alyson Ford (USwin; Jul 2010. Now UMichigan, USA)
"The HI Cloud Population in the Lower Halo of the Milky Way"
- Rebecca McFadden (UMelb; Mar 2010. Now ASTRON, NL)
"UHE neutrino detection using the Lunar Cerenkov technique"
- Attila Popping (University of Groningen; Jan 2010. Now ICRAR)
"Diffuse neutral hydrogen in the Local Universe"
- Jamie McCallum (UTas; Nov 2009. Now UTas)
"Scintillation in Circinus"
- Katherine Newton-McGee (USyd; Oct 2009. Now in Canberra)
"Radio Polarimetry as a probe of interstellar magnetism"
- Leith Godfrey (ANU; Dec 2009. Now Curtin University)
"Dynamics of large-scale extragalctic jets: a multi-wavelength
study of X-ray bright jets"
- Aaron Chippendale (USyd; Sep 2009. Now ATNF)
"Detecting Cosmological Reionization on Large Scales Through
the 21-cm HI Line"
Verbiest (USwin; Jun 2009. Now MPIfR Bonn, Germany)
"Long-Term Timing of Millisecond Pulsars and
Gravitational Wave Detection"
- Nadia Lo (UNSW; May 2009. Now UChile?)
"A Multi-molecular Line Study of an Entire Giant Molecular Cloud"
- Emil Lenc
(USwin; Feb 2009. Now USyd)
"Studies of radio galaxies and starburst galaxies using
wide-field, high spatial resolution radio imaging"
- Adam Deller
(USwin; Jan 2009. Now NRAO, USA)
"Precision VLBI astrometry: Instrumentation,
algorithms and pulsar parallax determinations"
Marcella Massardi (SISSA, Trieste; Oct 2008. Now INAF, Italy)
"The extragalactic sources at mm wavelengths and their role as
- Martin Leung (USyd; July 2008)
"A wideband feed for a cylindrical radio telescope"
- Janine van Eymeren
(Bochum University; June 2008. Now University of Duisburg, Germany)
"Gas Kinematics in the Haloes of Nearby Irregular Dwarf Galaxies"
- Vicky Safouris (ANU; June 2008)
"Environmental Influence on the Evolution of Jets from
Active Galactic Nuclei"
- Xiaopeng You
(Chinese Academy; June 2007. Now Southwest University, China)
"The propagation of pulse signals in interstellar medium and
their effect on the detection of gravitational waves"
- Ivy Wong
(UMelb; Sep 2007. Now ATNF)
"Star formation and galaxy evolution of the Local Universe based
- Steven Longmore
(UNSW; May? 2007. Now Boston, USA)
"The Cradle of Galactic Superpowers - Studying the Natal
Environment of Massive Stars"
- Jess O'Brien (ANU; Apr 2007)
"Probing the shape of dark halos of thin edge-on disk
- Haydon Knight (USwin; Jan 2007)
"Pulsar Applications of Baseband Recording"
- Rachel Deacon (USyd; Oct 2006)
"Magnetic fields and companion stars:
Behind the shaping of planetary nebulae"
- Sebastian Gurovich (ANU; Aug 2006)
"An observational study of the
baryonic Tully-Fisher relation"
- Antoine Bouchard (ANU; June 2006. Now McGill University,
"The interstellar medium and evolution of dwarf galaxies
in nearby galaxy groups"
- Ilana Feain
(USyd; June 2006. Now ATNF)
"Active galaxies at high redshift: gas, jets and star formation"
- Aidan Hotan (USwin; July 2006. Now ATNF)
"High-Precision Observations of Relativistic Binary and
- Jamie Stevens (UMelb; Dec 2005. Now ATNF)
"Neutral Hydrogen in Galaxy Groups"
- Meryl Waugh (UMelb; Oct 2005)
"Neutral Hydrogen in Fornax and Eridanus - Blind
Basketweaving for Beginners"
- Bradley Warren (ANU; Mar 2005. Now UWA/ICRAR)
"The Nature of High HI Mass-to-Light Ratio Field Galaxies"
- Erik Muller (UWollongong; Sep 2004. Now Tokyo University,
"High resolution studies of the HI in the Western Magellanic
- Daniel Mitchell (USyd; July 2004)
"Interference Mitigation in Radio Astronomy"
- Catherine Buchanan (ANU; June 2004. Now Melbourne University)
"Radio-Excess IRAS Galaxies"
- Gianni Bernardi (University of Bologna, Italy; Apr 2004.
Now Kapteyn Astronomical Institute, NL)
"Diffuse Galactic polarised synchrotron radiation as foreground
for CMB experiments"
- Roberto Ricci (University of Trieste, Italy; Apr 2004.
Now University of Calgary, Canada)
"High Frequency Properties of Extragalactic Sources"
- Minh Huynh (ANU, 2004. Now UWA/ICRAR)
"Constraining the star formation history of galaxies in the Hubble
Deep Field South region with sensitive radio data"
- Emma Ryan-Weber (UMel; Jan 2004. Now Swinburne University)
"Neutral Hydrogen in Galaxies and the Intergalactic Medium"
- Hayley Bignall (UAdelaide; Feb 2003. Now Curtin University)
"Radio Variability and Interstellar Scintillation of
- Melanie Johnston-Hollitt (UAdelaide, July 2003. Now Victoria
"Detection of Magnetic Fields and Diffuse Radio Emission in Abell
3667 and other Rich Southern Clusters of Galaxies"
- Martin Anderson (UWS; Feb 2003. Now Sydney Observatory)
"A Radio Survey of Selected Fields from the ROSAT
All Sky Survey"
- Boris Babic (UQ; xxx 2003)
"Mass distribution in rich clusters of galaxies"
- Scott Gordon (UQ; Jan 2003)
"Radio Studies of Southern Interacting Galaxies"
- Paul Roberts (USyd; Jan 2003. Now ATNF)
"Components for Wide Bandwidth Signal Processing in Radio
- Jasmina Lazendic (USyd; Mar 2002. Now Monash University)
"Molecular Diagnostics of Supernova Remnant Shocks"
- Christian Bruens (University of Bonn, Germany; Dec 2002)
"The Gaseous Arms od the Magellanic System and other
- David Legge (UTas; Mar 2002)
"Accurate Astrometry of Southern Pulsars"
- Maria Hunt (UWS, Feb 2002. Now UNSW)
"Molecular Spectral Line Observations of Southern Molecular
- Wheaton Vivienne (USyd; 2002)
"Hydrodynamical Models and an investigation into radio emission from
SNR 1987A in the Large Magellanic Cloud"
- Virginia Kilborn
(UMelb, May 2001. Now USwin)
"The Large-Scale Distribution of Neutral Hydrogen in the
- Sebastian Juraszek (USyd, 2001. Now USyd)
"A Study of Galaxies behind the Milky Way"
- Thu Hoang Ngoc (UNSW, xxx)
"Where is the Eye of the Tornado Nebula?"
- Martin Ott (University of Bonn, Germnay; xxx)
"Atomic and molecular gas in the starburst galaxy NGC 4945"
- Ruisheng Peng (UNSW, xxx)
"Southern Molecular Clouds at CH3OH 20r3-1E Transition"
- Robert Minchin (Cardiff, U.K.; Nov 2001. Now Arecibo Observatory)
"Properties of galaxies found in a deep blind neutral
- Nina Wang (Urumqi Astronomical Observatory, China)
"Pulsar Timing and Scintillation Studies"
- Kate Brooks (UNSW, Oct 2000.
"An investigation of the Carina Nebula"
- Mary Putman (ANU, xxx. Now University of Michigan, USA)
"Mapping the Galaxy's Neutral Hydrogen Halo"
- David Rayner (UTas, xxx 2000. Now QE Department of Natural
"Circular polarization of active galaxies"
- Jagmit Sandhu (USA, xxx 1998?. Now xxx)
"High precision timing of millisecond pulsars"
- Niven Tasker (UMacquarie, Feb? 2000. Now xxx)
"Identifications from the PMN Southern Survey"
- Thomas Tauris (Aarhus University, Denmark, Jun 1997. Now
University of Bonn, Germany)
"Formation and Evolution of Binary Millisecond Pulsars"
- David Abbott (USyd, Oct 1999; Now CSIRO)
"Correcting Atmospheric Distortion in Short-Wavelength Radio
Observations from Tropospheric Water-Vapour Soundings""
- Richard Gooch (USyd, July 1999. Now xxx, Canada)
"Advanced visualisation techniques to handle astronomical data cubes
- Duncan Roy (UQ, xxx)
"Large-Scale Radio Structure in the Southern Galaxy at 2.4 GHz"
- Bryan Gaensler (USyd, Feb 1999. Now USyd)
"Barrels, jets and smoke-rings: Understanding the bizarre shapes
of radio supernova remnants"
- Gareth Banks (University of Wales, Dec 1998)
"21cm Blind searches for galaxies"
- Lucyna Kedziora-Chudczer (USyd, Dec 1998. Now UNSW)
"The Study of Intraday Variability of Extragalactic Compact
- Alan McPhail (UMacquarie, Sep 1999)
"Non-linear iterative image reconstruction techniques for images
with known point-spread function"
- Snezana Stanimirovic (UWS, July 1998.
Now University of Wisconsin Madison, USA)
"Complex Nature of the ISM in the SMC"
- Marc Elmouttie (UQ; June 1998. Now CSIRO Exploration & Mining)
"A multi-frequency investigation of t he nuclear activity
in the Circinus galaxy"
- Mark Bransford (UMelb, May 1998)
"Star formation in collisional ring galaxies and the circumnuclear
regions of active galactic nuclei"
- Jon Bell (ANU, xxx. Now xxx)
"Binary and Millisecond Radio Pulsars"
- Sungeun Kim (ANU,
Apr 1998. Now Sejong University, South Korea)
"An HI aperture synthesis mosaic and Halpha survey of the Large
- David Barnes (UMelb, Apr 1998. Now Melbourne University)
"Neutral Hydrogen in the Nearby Universe"
- Chris Phillips
(UTas, Jan 1998. Now ATNF)
"Class II Methanol Masers and their environment at high resolution"
- Edward King (UTas, xxx. Now xxx)
"Compact Structure in Southern Peaked Spectrum Radio Sources"
- Derek McKay (UNSW, xxx. Now xxx, UK)
"Pointing Techniques for Radiotelescopes"
- Sally Houghton (UNSW, Jan 1998)
"A study of some southern spirals: Goldilocks and the Three Bars"
Isabella Prandoni (Bologna - ?. Now IRA, Bologna, Italy)
- Jim Lovell (UTas; 1997. Now UTas)
"Southern Radio Gravitational Lens Survey and Observations"
Wilfred Walsh (UNSW; 1997. Now in Singapore.)
"Studies of Dwarf Galaxies and missing dark matter"
- Brett Wells (ANU; 1997. Now Royal North Shore Hospital)
"FIR-Radio continuum correlation in star-forming galaxies"
Stappers (ANU; Sep 1997. Now Jodrell Bank, UK)
"Observations of Eclipsing and Binary Pulsars"
- Haida Liang (ANU; 1996. Now Nottingham Trent University, UK)
"Distribution of Matter in Clusters of Galaxies"
- Miroslav Filipovic (UWS; 1996. Now UWS)
"A Multi-Frequency Investigation of Discrete Sources
in the Magellanic Clouds"
- Simon Ellingsen (UTas; 1996. Now UTas)
"Class II Methanol Masers in Star Formation Regions"
Steven Tingay (ANU, 1996. Now Curtin University)
"Parsec and Sub-Parsec-Scale Structure and Evolution in Nearby
Compact Radio Sources and Relationships to Emission at other
- Matthias Ehle (University of Bonn, Germany; Mar 1995.
Now ESA, Spain)
"Characteristics of the diffuse interstellar medium of the nearby
galaxies M51, M83 and NGC 1566 - based on X-ray and radiocontinuum
- Alan Roy
(USyd, Nov 1994. Now MPIfR Bonn, Germany)
"Active Galaxy Unififaction: Radio and Far-Infrared Studies"
- Clive Robinson (Manchester, UK; Sep 1994)
"Pulsars & Globular Clusters"
- Duncan Lorimer
(University of Manchester; 1994. Now University of West Virginia, USA)
"The Galactic Population of Millisecond and Normal Pulsars"
Gray (USyd, 1994. Now DRAO, Canada)
"Radio observations of sources near the galactic centre"
- Vicki Kaspi
(Princeton University, 1993. Now McGill University)
"Applications of Pulsar Timing"
- Simon Johnston
(University of Manchester; Nov 1990. Now ATNF)
"A high frequency survey of the southern galactic plane
Bailes (ANU; 1989. Now USwin)
(University of Bonn, Germany; Aug 1989. Now MPIfR Bonn, Germany)
"CO-Shells, HI-Holes and Protostars. Evolution of Supernova
Remnants in the Interstellar Medium"