Special Technical ASKAP/SKA Industry Discussion Session 2: Computing
On 10 July 2009, CSIRO hosted its second special technical ASKAP/SKA industry discussion session on ASKAP computing challenges and relevance to the SKA. The two presentations from the session are available here:
Further reading on imaging algorithm advances discussed during the session includes:
- Cornwell, T.J. (2008). Multiscale CLEAN Deconvolution of Radio Synthesis Images. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal
Processing, Vol 2(5), 793–801.
- Cornwell, T.J., Golap, K. and Bhatnagar, S. (2008). The Noncoplanar Baselines Effect in Radio Interferometry: The W-Projection Algorithm. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal
Processing, Vol 2(5), 647–657.
- Bhatnagar, S., Cornwell, T.J., Golap, K. and Uson, J.M. (2008). Correcting Direction-Dependent Gains in the Deconvolution of Radio Interferometric Images. Astronomy
and Astrophysics, Vol 487(1), 419–429.
- Rau, U., Bhatnagar, S., Voronkov, M.A., Cornwell, T.J. (2009). Advances in
Calibration and Imaging Techniques in Radio Interferometry. Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol 97(8), 1472–1481.
- Rau, U., Bhatnagar, S. and Cornwell, T.J. (2009). Wide-Field Wide-Band Imaging with the EVLA – Initial Results. SKA Calibration and Imaging Workshop, Socorro, USA.
Opportunities for Industry
Information on opportunities for industry to be involved in the development
of ASKAP can be found on the industry page.
For more information on CSIRO's ASKAP and SKA-related industry activities contact Dr Carole Jackson, Business Development Manager.
Back to top