Version 1.8 to 1.9 (Sept 27, 2006)
- Now have pbdot/xdot in standard units (not 10^-12).
- If ephver 2 is in the parameter file then the tempo1 emulation mode is automatically used.
- Ephver 5 has been introduced and will be included in all tempo2 ephemeris files
- Many other changes and bug-fixes to correspond with the tempo2 publications
Version 1.7 to 1.8 (March 15, 2006)
More small changes prior to acceptance of the first tempo2 paper for publication
Version 1.6 to 1.7 (February 10, 2006)
More small changes prior to submitting the first tempo2 paper for publication.
Version 1.5 to 1.6 (December 19, 2005)
Numerous small changes and updates in order to fix bugs that have been found.
Version 1.4 to 1.5 (September 30, 2005)
Numerous changes mainly for the coding. All parameters are now stored as arrays enabling as many glitch parameters, DM derivatives, frequency derivatives etc. as memory will allow. Various other updates including the addition of the DDS model.
Version 1.3 to 1.4 (August 15, 2005)
Numerous changes. NOTE: if something seems broken, try tempo2 -tempo1 and go from there!
- Use TCB instead of TDB. This makes tempo2 incompatible with tempo1 pulsar ephemerides, which don't
use SI units! Use tempo2 -gr transform oldfile.par newfile.par to convert, or put UNITS TDB in the par file. You can also use tempo2 -tempo1, though this turns also off several newly modelled effects at the sub-100-ns level, listed below
- Tropospheric delay modelling
- IAU 2000 precession-nutation and polar motion
- IERS C.04 Earth orientation parameters
- Irwin & Fukushima (1999) time ephemeris
- Differential Einstein delay correction to observing frequency
- Various new plugins
Version 1.2 to 1.3 (June 09, 2005)
Various changes including
- Removed necessity to calculate the position of the Earth-Moon barycentre
- Implemented a first attempt at the DDK binary model
- Implemented a DMEPOCH parameter
- Added the Shapiro delay due to all the gas planets
- Updated reading the parameter file to produce a warning (not an error) if a parameter is not found.
Version 1.1 to 1.2 (May 30, 2005)
- Updated fitting for F5 to F12 frequency terms
- Give warning and approximate conversion if observatory codes given in geodetic coordinates.
Version 1.0 to 1.1
- Fixed reading Princeton format if DM change not given
- Ability to place MODE flag in the parameter file, warning given if MODE flag is placed in TOA file.
- Checking to see whether memory can be allocated for multiple pulsars
- Improved analysis of sinusoidal fitting to whiten data