User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:actionslba-ops-2011

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

lbaops:actionslba-ops-2011 [2015/12/18 16:38] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +VLBI/eVLBI operations and technical meeting, Auckland, 8-9 Feb 2011
 +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 +
 +ACTIONS list
 +
 +The ordering of this action list roughly follows the agenda of the meeting.
 +Some actions were carried forward and modified ​ from the previous meeting(s) at Hobart, March 2010. A consolidated and integrated list is given here.
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Proposals and scheduling
 +    *  Monitor available LBA time and oversubscription (Phil)
 +    *  More sessions of fewer days? Produce early schedules and information. (Phil)
 +    *  Call for proposals on VLBI exploders (nrao; evntech) (Phil, Tasso)
 +    *  Review availability for Ww and Hobart, especially for e-VLBI. (Tasso, Phil)
 +    *  Investigate Community of Science Research forums (Tasso, Phil)
 +    *  Encourage more observations with EAVN. Regenerate APT email exploder? (Phil)
 +    *  Check/​update Hart info and eVLBI availability in call for proposals. (Tasso, Phil, Jonathan)
 +    *  Check Tid scheduling and availability of TANAMI blocks (Phil)
 +    *  Offer Mk5 recording alternative in call for proposals (ATNF)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: SCHED issues
 +    *  Keep PIs informed on SCHED developments (Cormac,​Phil)
 +    *  Cal flags in SCHED? Update sources.dat file with calibrator flags (Cormac,​Chris)
 +      *  fringe-finders
 +      *  phase reference sources
 +      *  calibrators on long baselines
 +      *  new calibrators via eVLBI
 +    *  Ww setups in SCHED (NZ, Cormac)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Wiki/Web
 +    *  Continuing Wiki reorganisation/​maintenance for accessibility (Chris,​Cormac)
 +    *  Automate creation of Tsys and flagging files on Wiki (Cormac,​Chris)
 +    *  Link Ho, Cd and Ww cal files to wiki (Cormac)
 +    *  Development of Ww noise cal systems and logs (NZ, LBA)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Observing and monitoring
 +    *  Check Cd observations for instability. Feedback to UTas. (correlator)
 +    *  Pursue phase problems at Cd (UTas, correlator)
 +
 +    *  Better monitoring via MONICA? (Chris)
 +      *  Log ATCA refant via Monica (Chris)
 +    *  Better LBA monitoring
 +      *  Include LBA-live pages in recmon-like page? (Chris, Simon)
 +      *  Use cdisko catalogs and extract file lists (Jamie)
 +      *  Organise telecom for technical requirements (Tasso)
 +      *  Involve NZ students in software developments (NZ, LBA)
 +
 +    *  Get Parkes calibration data (Tasso, JER, Ettore)
 +    *  Get Tsys data on ATCA (Chris, Tasso)
 +    *  ATCA Array phasing issues (Chris, Jamie, Tasso)
 +      *  Need to get cal info to PIs. (ATNF)
 +      *  Check schedules re phasing and inform PIs (Cormac)
 +
 +    *  VSIC mods for automatic recorder setup (ATNF)
 +      *  remote control
 +      *  implementation
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Test/​implement transient triggering for VLBI (Tasso)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Training on telescope setups for "​key"​ people (All)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Test observations with AuScope? (UTas, ATNF)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Data storage and transfers
 +    *  Implement ARCS data transfers from NZ (Chris, NZ, ARCS)
 +    *  Investigate e-transfers of MK5 data at Tid (Shinji, Chris)
 +    *  Implement Hart data e-transfers via ARCS (Chris, Jonathan, ARCS)
 +    *  Monitor and support ARCS future (All)
 +      *  ARCS-like services for 2011+?
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Correlators
 +    *  Advance warning to correlator of technical requirements of observations (PIs)
 +    *  Feedback from PIs (Phil, PIs)
 +    *  Monitor proportion of PIs downloading data (Hayley)
 +    *  Mk5 playback? (Curtin)
 +    *  Copy LBA data archive to ATNF (Curtin, ATNF)
 +      *  investigate RPFITS issues with Adam.
 +    *  LBA archive online via ATOA? (Tasso)
 +    *  Aim for Tsys extraction at correlator (Curtin, ATNF)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Networks and e-VLBI Demos
 +    *  Overseas telescopes in eVLBI? (Tasso)
 +      *  Indian connectivity?​
 +      *  Regular Asia eVLBI tests?
 +    *  Perth meeting demo? Possibly with China? (Steven, ATNF)
 +    *  ASKAP eVLBI demos? (ATNF)
 +      *  fine-up timing of Boolardy links (ATNF, AARNet)
 +      *  Bruce DAS to Sydney (Tim, Chris)
 +    *  NEXPReS BoD (Tasso, AARNet)
 +      *  temporary circuits? (AARNet)
 +    *  High BW trials with CISCO (AARNet)
 +    *  Tasmania e-VLBI tests (UTas, AARNet, ATNF)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: e-VLBI developments
 +    *  Promote eVLBI better (All)
 +    *  eVLBI scheduling (cf EVN of ~10sessions/​year) (ATNF)
 +    *  Advertise better e-VLBI capabilities with DiFX 2.0 (Tasso)
 +    *  Utilise more e-VLBI test-time (ATNF)
 +    *  Finalise VTP standard (Chris)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: DAS and Recorders/​Disks
 +    *  Monitor developments of DBBCs, DBEs etc (All)
 +    *  LIEF proposal for LBA DAS? (Curtin/​Utas/​UWA)
 +    *  Investigate Tsys logging in DBBC 
 +      *  Collaboration with Gino and Bonn?
 +
 +    *  Monitor recorder/​Disk developments (all)
 +      *  Replacement of LBA recorders/​Disks?​
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Organise VLBI science workshop (at ATNF?) (Tasso, Steven)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Next Ops meeting venue. Sydney? ATNF or AARNet? (Tasso)
 +
  
lbaops/actionslba-ops-2011.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:38 (external edit)