User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:actionslba-ops-2013

VLBI/eVLBI operations and technical meeting, Sydney, 12-13 Feb 2013


ACTIONS list

The ordering of this action list roughly follows the agenda of the meeting. Some actions were carried forward and modified from the previous meeting(s). A consolidated and integrated list is given here.

  1. ACTION: Proposals and scheduling
    • Monitor available LBA time and over-subscription (Phil) - CONTinuing
    • Increase LBA time? (Phil) - CONT
    • Encourage more ToOs (ATNF) - CONT
    • More sessions of fewer days (e.g methanol cadence)? Produce early schedules and information. (Phil) - CONT
    • Offer Mk5 subnet recording alternative with higher-BW in call for proposals (ATNF) - CONT
      • Mk5b at Ho for higher BW (LBA)
    • Tanami Conference papers for 2012 Annual Report (Phil)
    • RadioAstron observations into LBA system (Phil)
    • Offer GRB transient monitoring on LBA subnet i.e. Ho, Ww, Ak, Mp ? (LBA)
    • VLBA time utilisation via CenA proposal?
  1. ACTION: SCHED issues
    • Keep PIs informed on SCHED developments (Cormac,Phil) - CONT
    • Cal flags in SCHED? Update sources.dat file with calibrator flags (Cormac,Chris) - CONT
      • fringe-finders; phase reference sources; calibrators on long baselines; new calibrators via eVLBI
      • ATCA developments for flag support (Jamie, Chris)
      • VEX2 implementation for flags (Cormac, Chris)
      • Flags in correlators and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac)
    • Support in SCHED for new DAS - CONT
      • FS issues for dBBC via Ed Himwich (NZ)
    • Xcube in SCHED? (Chris)
    • Consult with JER re FS issues
  1. ACTION: Wiki/Web
    • Continuing Wiki reorganisation/maintenance for accessibility (Chris,Cormac) - CONT
    • Automate creation of Tsys and flagging files on Wiki (Cormac,Chris)
    • Link Ho, Cd and Ww cal files to wiki (Cormac)
    • Development of Ww noise cal systems and logs (NZ, LBA)
    • Check correct ATCA DAS modes on Wiki (Chris, Cormac)
    • Calibration data instructions on Wiki (Hayden, Hayley) - CONT
    • Wiki “web-service”?
      • LBA monitor interface (Chris, Jamie, Cormac)
      • “chat” channel for important messages during observing?
      • “Google calendar” alarms?
  1. ACTION: Observing and monitoring
    • L-band feed at Ww (NZ)
    • Ww Tsys monitoring (NZ)
    • Tropospheric data for Katherine (AuScope)
    • Better LBA monitoring
      • Include LBA-live pages in recmon-like page? (Chris)
      • Use cdisko catalogs and extract file lists (Jamie)
      • Get Tid monitoring? Push to Monica? (Shinji, Chris)
      • Ww monitoring via scripts. Implement via Monica? (Stewart, Cormac)
      • Test monitoring error thresholds (Chris)
      • Recorder monitoring links in Wiki
      • Monica alarm functionality coordination.
    • Streamline fringe-checks for Mk5 (Chris)
    • Use Mk5a at Ho and Tid for higher BW
    • Investigate IVS special observations. Develop proposals. (Oleg)
    • When 2 antennas used at Tid, record in different directories (Shinji)
    • Utilise all available time at Tid (Shinji, ATNF) - CONT
    • Get Parkes calibration data (Tasso, JER, Ettore)
    • Get Tsys data on ATCA (Chris, Tasso)
    • ATCA Array phasing issues (Chris, Jamie, Tasso)
    • C-disko v2 to Tid for band flipping
    • Monitor H-maser rate at ASKAP (ATNF)
  1. ACTION: eVLBI pointing for Ww (Chris, Cormac, Jamie M, NZ)
  1. ACTION: Data storage and transfers
    • Review data transfer options - CONT
    • Spare Mk5 to Geraldton for Ye data transfers? (AuScope, ATNF)
    • Data deletion policy review (LBA) - CONT
  1. ACTION: Correlators
    • Advance warning (in proposal) to correlator of technical requirements of observations (PIs)
    • Feedback from PIs. Add to Pi letter? (Phil, PIs)
    • Pipeline imaging (Cormac, Chris)
      • Reduction pipeline on Cave for e-VLBI (Chris, Cormac)
      • make pipeline available to PIs?
      • Pipeline reduction for cals only
        • Cal flux-vs-time and compare with ATCA.
        • 1921-293 flux vs ATCA.
    • Copy LBA data archive to ATNF (Curtin, ATNF) -CONT
      • Integrate with S2 archive (ATNF)
      • investigate RPFITS issues with Adam.
    • LBA archive online via ATOA? (Tasso) - CONT
      • Investigate RPFITS and IDIFITS issues in ATOA (ATNF)
  • CAL notes on Wiki and inform PIs (LBA)
  • Aim for Tsys extraction at correlator (Curtin, ATNF)
  • DiFX on Pawsey computers (Cormac)
    • explore other supercomputer options
  1. ACTION: Networks and e-VLBI Demos - CONT
    • Invite IVEC to networking meetings (ATNF)
    • Overseas telescopes in eVLBI? (Tasso)
      • Indian connectivity? Letter to GMRT re VLBI timing issues (Tasso)
      • Regular Asia eVLBI tests?
      • Malaysia connectivity? (ATNF)
    • Demos
      • NEXPReS BoD by June 2013 (Tasso, AARNet)
      • MWA demo in July? ASKAP demo?
      • ASKAP-KAT7 in eVLBI?
      • 10 GBps correlation (Chris, Cormac)
    • Network costs from AARNet.
  1. ACTION: e-VLBI developments - CONT
    • Promote eVLBI better (All)
    • eVLBI scheduling (cf EVN of ~10sessions/year) (ATNF)
    • Advertise better e-VLBI capabilities with DiFX 2.0 (Tasso)
    • Utilise more e-VLBI test-time (ATNF)
    • Finalise VTP standard (Chris)
    • Investigate Tid e-VLBI connectivity (Tasso)
  1. ACTION: VLBI/eVLBI technical developments
    • Monitor developments of DBBCs, DBEs etc (All)
      • new DAS?
      • Xcube commissioning
      • Progress in CABB wide-band system (ATNF)
    • Monitor recorder/Disk developments (all)
      • Replacement of LBA recorders/Disks?
    • Investigate Tsys logging in DBBC
    • Cal scheme for linear-circular polarisation conversion (Chris, Cormac)
  1. ACTION: VLBI Science meeting in Darwin/Katherine. Mid-2013? (Tasso, Jim)
  1. ACTION: Next Ops meeting venue at Perth/Pawsey (Tasso, Cormac)
lbaops/actionslba-ops-2013.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:38 (external edit)