User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2008dec10

VLBI teleconference, 10 December 2008

12.00 Perth, 14.00 Eastern, 16.00 New Zealand

Phone:

Vic:03 9545 8222
NSW:02 9490 8022
ACT:02 6276 6622
Qld:07 3214 2311
WA:08 6436 8844
SA:08 8273 8122
NT:08 8944 8488
Tas:03 6232 5188

Meeting ID: 0530

Present:
UTas: Jim (Chair), John D.
Curtin: Aiden, Hayley, Cormac, Claire, Aquib
ATNF: Tasso, Chris
UWA: Richard, Maria
Mt Stromlo: Shinji, Dave
NZ: Sergei, Tim

Agenda

  • Reports/feedback from November VLBI session
    • Parkes (Tasso, Shaun, Ben, John)
    • ATCA & Mopra (Chris, Richard, Maria)
    • Ceduna (Jamie & Jamie)
    • Hobart (Brett et al.)
    • Tidbinbilla (Shinji)
  • eVLBI tests to Curtin (<1 Gbps and >1 Gbps) (Phillips/Tingay)
  • e-VLBI demo to Curtin (Tzioumis/Tingay)
  • LBA operations/eVLBI/Networking meeting (Tzioumis/Tingay)
  • ASKAP VLBI Expression of Interest (Tingay)
  • Update on New Zealand antenna (Gulyaev)
  • Update on Curtin cluster at Narrabri (Phillips/Amy)
  • AuScope Update (Lovell)
  • AOB

Actions arising

(new items in blue)

  • One of Curtin Mark5B+ units to be shipped to AUT when they arrive, plus an invoice to AUT. (Steven)
  • Swinburne archive of correlated VLBI data to be moved to ATNF & Curtin at end of all Swinburne correlation (Steven/Claire)
  • Options for disks and data transport:
    • Buying excess disks from Swinburne VLBI pool and/or Mk5 disks. (Tasso/Steven)
    • Initiate discussion on next generation VLBI systems and disks (Mk5b/Mk5c/of-the-self) for the March LBA meeting. (Tasso/Steven)
    • Setup some tests to see if IVEC transfer will work, look at viability, timescales, data rates (Chris/Claire)
  • List on the Wiki available bands/polarisations at each LBA antenna. Also update “standard bands” (from S2) and define “standard” bands for wide-band recording. (Cormac/Tasso)
  • Test 10 Gbps from IVEC into Curtin cluster (Steven/Cormac/Chris)
  • March LBA meeting and eVLBI demo preparations:
    • Tasso to prepare a 'block schedule' for the meeting and seek comment (Tasso)
  • Block schedule next year should avoid Nov/Dec if possible: it's too windy (Phil)
  • Provide additional advice to PIs on scheduling the ATCA to keep it phased up at 8 GHz and above (Tasso)
  • Some of the new 750 GB disks appear to have bigbuf problems at 512 Mbps. Claire to send Jim some disks for an out-of-session test at Hobart (Claire/Jim)
  • Capacity calculations need fixing in cDisko (actually recorder_server) (Jamie S)
  • Curtin Cluster at Narrabri: wo would like to get the cluster up once the network is installed. Action on Tasso and Shaun to get the networking going as soon as possible (Tasso/Shaun)
  • Next telecon: Wed Jan 28 2009, 2pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris)
lbaops/telecon2008dec10.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)