User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2009aug27

VLBI teleconference, 27 August 2009

11.30 Perth, 13.30 Eastern, 15.30 New Zealand

Phone:

Vic:03 9545 8222
NSW:02 9490 8022
ACT:02 6276 6622
Qld:07 3214 2311
WA:08 6436 8844
SA:08 8273 8122
NT:08 8944 8488
Tas:03 6232 5188

Meeting ID: 5404

Chair: Tasso Tzioumis

Attendance: Shinji Horiuchi (SDCCC, Canberra);Claire Hotan, Aquib Moin, Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Ettore Carretti (ATNF Marsfield); Phil Edwards, Jamie Stevens (ATNF, Narrabri); Brett Reid, Jamie McCallum (UTas, Mt Pleasant), Jim Lovell(UTas,Hobart); Richard Dodson, Maria Rioja (UWA)

Apologies: Steven Tingay

Agenda

  • Next Observations in September 2009
    • General issues (Tzioumis/Phillips/Edwards)
    • Schedules (Edwards/C.Reynolds)
    • Support (Tzioumis)
    • Disks (Claire)
    • Mk5 disks (Chris/Tasso)
    • Transfers (Claire/Hayley/Chris)
    • Any other issues
  • REPORTS/UPDATES
  • Curtin cluster at Narrabri (Phillips)
  • VLBI tests with GMRT (Tasso)
  • eVLBI demo with Brazil
  • Feb 2010 VLBI meetings
    • IVS meeting in Hobart (Lovell)
    • Astro meetings in NZ (Tingay)
    • LBA ops/eVLBI mtg?
  • Update on New Zealand antenna (Gulyaev)
  • AuScope Update (Lovell)
  • AOB

Actions arising

(new items in blue)

GENERAL

** ** Actions from previous meeting NOT revised. To be carried forward to next meeting in October. **


** ** ACTIONS for next observing session 3-7 September ** ** ** DONE (updated 9/10/09) **

  • Scheduling issues
    • Link to schedule to be put in Wiki (Cormac)
    • vt11u to be mainly 8.4 GHz to match IVS observing at Parkes/Ceduna (Chris/Phil)
    • GMRT test to be included in schedule as vt13 (Phil)
      • L-band GMRT test may include ATCA (Tasso) and Hobart (Brett)
  • SCHED - new version for LBA
    • Version already on ATNF website. New schedules under new version.
    • Need to check drudge of new VEX files
      • Cormac to provide test files from new schedules.
      • Hobart/Ceduna to be checked by Brett
      • Tid to be checked by Shinji
  • Disks
    • Reboot Ceduna computers + disks (UTas)
    • Reformat disks to xfs (Jamie/Chris)
    • Rebuilt XRAIDs when slow disks are included (Chris)
  • Data Transfers
    • Coordinate Parkes transfers with pulsar observers/group (Ettore)
    • Suggest TCP transfers from Parkes.
  • New cdisko version
    • available from Jamie.
    • to be checked at Mopra at installed at ATNF (Chris)
    • size of scrolling log to be limited (Jamie)
    • feed cdisko questions/requests during session to Jamie at Narrabri.
  • Support
    • Parkes: Shaun, John, Megan, Ettore
    • ATCA/Mopra: Chris (DA), Jamie, Phil, Tasso (from Geneva)
    • Ceduna: Was to be remote. BUT Brett and Jamie M. will go to Ceduna.
    • Hobart: UTas personnel.
    • Tid: Shinji and Tid crews.
  • Ceduna phase stability issues to be addressed (UTas)

  • Next telecon: 9 October 2009, 2 pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris/Cormac)
lbaops/telecon2009aug27.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)