User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2009oct09

VLBI teleconference, 09 October 2009

11.00 Perth, 14.00 Eastern, 16.00 New Zealand

N.B. Eastern Australia has gone to Summer time.

Phone:

Vic:03 9545 8222
NSW:02 9490 8022
ACT:02 6276 6622
Qld:07 3214 2311
WA:08 6436 8844
SA:08 8273 8122
NT:08 8944 8488
Tas:03 6232 5188

Meeting ID: 2804

Chair: Tasso Tzioumis

Attendance: Shinji Horiuchi (SDCCC, Canberra);Claire Hotan, Aquib Moin, Cormac Reynolds(Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, David Jauncey(ATNF Marsfield); Ettore Carretti (ATNF, Parkes); Phil Edwards (ATNF, Narrabri); Jamie McCallum (UTas, Mt Pleasant), Jim Lovell(UTas,Hobart); Roopesh Ojha (USNO at Marsfield)

Apologies: Steven Tingay, Hayley Bignall, Simon Ellingsen, Tim Natush, Sergei Gulyaev

Agenda

  • REPORTS/UPDATES
    • Last VLBI Session
    • DiFX meeting
  • Issues for sessions this semester
  • Discussion with Roopesh.
  • AOB

Actions arising Updated full list as at 9/10/09. (new items in blue**)

GENERAL

  • Correlated data archive work to be completed for all Disk-based VLBI observations correlated at Swinburne and Curtin. Copies of archive at Curtin and ATNF (Claire/Chris/Tasso)
  • Update advice to PIs on keeping the ATCA phased at 8 GHZ and above. Check CABB developments (Tasso/Richard/Chris)
  • Complete SCHED update for the LBA and update list of “standard” LBA setups. (Cormac/Tasso)
    • Merge SCHED SVN branches to new version by end of year (Cormac)
    • Coordinate SCHED changes with FS scripts. (Cormac)
    • Get Tid FS version to Cormac. (Shinji)
  • Mk5 Disks. New units to be ordered for correlation in Curtin and/or Bonn. Steven and Tasso to coordinate.
  • Always correlate LBA data with all 4 Stokes, unless PI objects. Start implementation and monitor progress. (Correlator)
  • Unified LBA monitoring and control, to include Ho & Cd. Continue to develop. (Simon/Jamie/Tasso)
  • Investigate differential GPS setups for troposphere/ionosphere calibration (Chris/Cormac/Jamie)

OTHER

  • eVLBI data pipeline to be set on Cave (Cormac/Chris/Aquib)
  • Check for GMRT shipment of test VLBI data to Curtin. (Tasso)
  • cdisko upgrade very good. Only additional feature requested is a scroll-bar on the cdisko window. (Jamie S.)
  • XFS on disks to be further checked at 512 Mbps on production run.(Chris/Jamie)
  • eSATA disks for Tid data copying and transfer. (Chris/Shinji)
  • Check on status of ATNF C-band (4.8 GHz) Rx at Parkes. (Phil)
  • Change software correlators to DiFX 1.5. eVLBI for next session. Needs other changes to scripts and userguides (Cormac/Chris)
  • Replace faulty network switch on CAVE (Chris/Shaun)
  • Possible to do 1-baseline at 3 Gbps with ATNF antennas. Will require some DAS developments. Science project proposals to Chris.

MEETINGS and DEMOS

  • e-VLBI demo on 11th Nov. ATNF to find observer support at Parkes.
  • e-VLBI demo with Fortaleza. Network tests to be done first. (Chris/Tasso)
  • Next LBA ops/e-VLBI meeting next February, during IVS week in Hobart (8-12th),likely on Thu-Fri (11-12). Explore and coordinate. (Tasso)
  • APAN e-VLBI demo on afternoon 10th February. Need to coordinate technical requirements with AARNet. Already in ATNF schedule.(Chris/Tasso)

  • Next telecon: 02 December 2009, 2:00 pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris/Cormac)
lbaops/telecon2009oct09.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)