User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2011dec13

VLBI teleconference, 13 December 2011

10.30 Perth, 13.30 Eastern Summer Time, 15.30 New Zealand (02.30 UT)

Phone:

Vic:03 9545 8222
NSW:02 9490 8022
ACT:02 6276 6622
Qld:07 3214 2311
WA:08 6436 8844
SA:08 8273 8122
NT:08 8944 8488
Tas:03 6232 5188

Meeting ID: 1774

Chair: Tasso Tzioumis

Attendance: Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall, John Morgan (Curtin); Shaun Amy, Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Phil Edwards (CASS Marsfield); Simon Ellingsen, Jim Lovell (UTas); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Richard Dodson (UWA)

Apologies:

Agenda

  • Debrief from last LBA session and tests
    • ATNF
    • Tid
    • UTas
    • NZ
    • Hart
    • Curtin
  • Planning for next VLBI session
    • March 6-11 2012
      • Schedules
      • Telescopes
      • Observers
    • General comments
  • Reports from observatories & correlator(s)
  • e-VLBI developments/demos
    • official e-VLBI demo to Hobart
    • e-VLBI to Brazil
    • ASKAP network?
  • Future of Data transfer?
  • Proposed LBA annual meeting, February 2012
    • Agenda discussion
  • Any other issues
    • Next DIFX Developers Meeting
    • Mixed Band Testing
    • Report form eVLBI workshop in South Africa
    • News from AuScope
    • LBA monitoring issues
    • Cd Mk5C + dBBC

Actions arising

CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED

  • Consolidation of the LBA Archive to include all ATNF + Swinburne + Curtin correlated LBA data. Should also add in eVLBI output data. Maintain complete archives at Curtin and ATNF (ATNF/Curtin)
    • ATNF to develop online access to this archive (ATNF) - Continuing
    • Arrange ATOA on-line access to archive (ATNF)
  • Copy LBA data archive from Curtin to ATNF (Curtin, Chris) continuing
  • Transfer of LBA archive from Curtin to ATNF needs route. Firewall issues? (Chris, Shaun)
  • Guidelines for phasing the atca more often during vlbi observations (ATNF) - to be revisited
    • Try automatic pcal via schedules on atca (Jamie S)
  • Implement upgrade for programmable cable changes on VLBI DAS. (Chris, Jamie S) continuing
    • Contact Peter Mirtchin re DAS remote cabling changes via VSIC (Tasso)
  • Update Parkes VLBI notes on Wiki (Jamie, JER, Tasso)
    • Mk5 notes for Parkes on Wiki (Chris, JER, Tasso)
    • Parkes Calibration notes (JER, Ettore)
  • Investigate/implement mixed mode correlation (64 MHz & 4 x 16 MHz) at Curtin correlator (Cormac, Chris) continuing
  • Proposal for VLBI with GMRT for next round (All) continuing
  • Need to train observers for all antennas as more remote observing is anticipated (Tasso) continuing
  • Organise e-VLBI demo with Brazil (Tasso)
  • eVLBI demo to Korea at K-band (Chris)
  • LBA monitoring problems due to ares issues at UTas (Jamie M) ** continuing
    • Need to find alternative access.

NEW ACTION ITEMS

  • Ceduna issues persisting. (UTas)
    • Evaluate results of test with Rb vs H-maser at S-band during LBA session (UTas, CASS, Curtin)
  • Check with NZ re issues with Ww drives (Tasso)
  • Implement larger filesizes for recording (1 minute) since number of files is impacting the PB store (Chris, Jamie)
  • Need correlator report on telescope performances before March session (Curtin)
  • Need ASKAP data from Nov session. Disk needs to be sent to MRO and data copied (Tasso, Chris)
  • Investigate Rx for Methanol at ASKAP. Very desirable and usable. (Tasso)
  • Check and delete old VTxxx data at Mp and At (Chris)
  • Check if UTas has full 10G connection to campus (Simon)
  • Progress GMRT vlbi tests (ATNF, Curtin)
  • Graham Jenkins is leaving VPAK. need to make new arrangements. Check with VPAK systems manager Craig West (Tasso)
  • Test new DiFX fixes for mixed-band mode. (Cormac)
  • Participate in doodle poll for next DiFX meeting. Sydney? (all)
  • Comments on LBA monitoring to Jamie (all)
  • Auto pcal tests on ATCA (Jamie)
  • test time for K-band tied-array phase tests at ATCA (Jamie, Richard)
  • Remind Shaun re extra disks for LBA archive. (Tasso)
  • Ceduna to get new MK5C + dBBC and Ho 26m a MK5B. Need to integrate Mk5 monitoring into LBA. (UTas, Jamie S.)
  • Check with AARNet re network access to MRO for March (Tasso)
  • Next LBA annual operations meeting in Marsfield on 21-22 Feb 2012 for full 2 days. To include networking session and VLBA 1/2 day (Tasso)
    • need text re VLBA discussion (Cormac)
    • Check with Phil Diamond and Steven Tingay re VLBA access (Tasso)
    • Check for AARNet participation (Tasso)

Next meeting: LBA operations meeting. 21-22 February 2012. CASS at Sydney.

lbaops/telecon2011dec13.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)