User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2012aug16

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2012aug16 [2012/08/16 14:59]
jlovell
lbaops:telecon2012aug16 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 16: Line 16:
 Chair: Tasso Tzioumis Chair: Tasso Tzioumis
  
-Attendance: ​+Attendance: ​Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Giannis Gonidakis (CASS Marsfield); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Shinji Horiuchi (CASS Tidbinbilla);​ Brett Reid, Jamie McCallum, Jim Lovell (UTas) ​  
  
-Apologies: ​+Apologies: ​Steven Tingay (Curtin)
  
 **Agenda** **Agenda**
Line 61: Line 61:
 **Actions arising** **Actions arising**
  
-CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED+CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED/​CONTINUING 
 + 
 +  *  Consolidation of the LBA Archive to include all ATNF + Swinburne + Curtin correlated LBA data. Should also add in eVLBI output data. Maintain complete archives at Curtin and ATNF (ATNF/​Curtin) 
 +    *  ATNF to develop online access to this archive (ATNF)  
 +    *  Arrange ATOA on-line access to archive (ATNF)  
 +  *  Copy LBA data archive from Curtin to ATNF (Curtin, Chris)  
 +  *  Transfer of LBA archive from Curtin to ATNF needs route. Firewall issues? (Chris, Shaun) 
 + 
 +  *  Guidelines for phasing the atca more often during vlbi observations (ATNF)  
 +    *  Try automatic pcal via schedules on atca (Jamie S) 
 +    *  test time for K-band tied-array phase tests at ATCA (Jamie, Richard) 
 + 
 +  *  Need to train observers for all antennas as more remote observing is anticipated (Tasso) ** continuing ** 
 + 
 +  *  Investigate Rx for Methanol at ASKAP. Very desirable and usable. (Tasso) 
 + 
 +  *  CABB test version records no Tsys. Need to fix before LBA session. Consult with WEW.(Jamie) 
 + 
 +  *  Brazil e-VLBI (Tasso) 
 + 
 +  *  VPAK transfers. Future? (Tasso) 
 + 
 +  *  Need RTFC to Tid (Chris, Shinji) 
 + 
 +  *  For Mk5 observations at Parkes 2 people are not enough. Need more observers (GA, CASS) 
 + 
 +  *  Storage needs at antennas (ATNF) 
 + 
 +  *  32 GHz VLBI tests 
 +    *  Check for frequency offsets at ATCA. Talk to engineers. (Jamie) 
 +    *  32 GHz radiator at ATCA? 
 +    *  testing? 
 + 
 +  *  Implement automatic re-phasing of tied array at ATCA (Jamie, Chris) 
 + 
 +  *  Warn PIs to re-phase array in schedules. Need 2-3 mins (Phil) 
 + 
 +  *  Check with VPAK on data transfers (Tasso) 
 + 
 +  *  Evaluate effort for data Xfers to Petabyte store. Include UTas, NZ and South Africa (Chris, Jamie, Cormac) 
 + 
 +  *  VLBI archive 
 +    *  Check with Vince re grid-ftp (Tasso, Chris) 
 +    *  Push e-VLBI archive to Curtin (Chris) 
 + 
 +  *  Check on Xcube orders from Curtin (Cormac) 
 + 
 + 
  
 NEW ACTION ITEMS NEW ACTION ITEMS
  
 +  *  Mk5B units from Curtin to Hobart (Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Scheduling issues with Mk5B losing scans. Issue of delays defined in Vex? Check for Mk5B defaults (Jamie M, Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Check for Cd stability improvements after fixed H-maser. (Bad internal connections?​) (Brett)
 +
 +  *  Enquiry with NZ re rumoured H-maser issues. (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Commission Cd L-band system. Underway. ​ (UTas)
 +
 +  *  Fringe testing at Tid. Train Shinji? (Chris)
 +
 +  *  Investigate new VSIC for Ho and Cd. Need new PROMs (Chris)
 +    *  Control through Monica for remote observing? (Chris)
 +
 +  *  ASKAP not working. No fringes in previous sessions. Test and fix (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Mixed mode correlation into RTFC (Cormac, Chris)
 +
 +  *  MUST fill in WIKI logs for ALL observations. Lack wastes a lot of time.  (All)
 +
 +
 +STANDING ACTION ITEMS
 +
 +  *  Participate in DiFX meeting 24-28 September 2012 (All)
 +  *  Participation in Haystack e-VLBI workshop 22-24 October (All)
 +
 +
 +
 +Next meeting: Tuesday 11 September 2012.
  
-Next meeting: TBD 
lbaops/telecon2012aug16.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)