User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2012nov29

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2012nov29 [2012/11/29 14:37]
tasso
lbaops:telecon2012nov29 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 16: Line 16:
 Chair: Tasso Tzioumis Chair: Tasso Tzioumis
  
-Attendance:  ​+Attendance: ​Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Phil Edwards, Giannis Gonidakis (CASS Marsfield); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Brett Reid, Jamie McCallum, Simon Ellingsen, Jim Lovell (UTas); ​ Richard Dodson (UWA) 
   ​   ​
  
Line 72: Line 72:
 CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED/​CONTINUING CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED/​CONTINUING
  
 +  *  LBA data archive consolidation and copy at CASS. (CASS, Curtin)
 +    *  LBA data archive. Need ATNF disk space (Tasso, Shaun)
 +
 +  *  ATCA phasing. Check performance and implementation (Jamie S, Richard)
 +    *  Check last session perfomance and report (Jamie, Richard, Chris)
 +
 +  *  ATCA Tsys via CABB (CASS)
 +    *  Tsys at ATCA still not available in CABB. Discuss with WEW (Jamie S)
 +    *  New hybrid mode? (CASS)
 +
 +  *  Observer training and remote observing (Tasso)
 +  *  More Rx at ASKAP for VLBI. Methanol? (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Wiki logs (All)
 +    *  Annual "​best"​ wiki-log competition. To be judged by correlator. (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Schedule more 32 GHz tests with ATCA? (Phil)
 +  *  Tests for 22 and 43 GHz VLBI with KVN (Richard, Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  NSW firewall issues. Test with eVLBI (Chris)
 +  *  TIGO data e-transfers slow. Contact Hayo? (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  NEXPReS BoD tests and demo would need time next semester (Tasso, Phil)
 +    *  Distributed correlation with Curtin (Cormac, Chris)
 +    *  BoD test (Chris, Tasso)
 +    *  COMBINE the 2 tests? (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Pawsey centre access for VLBI and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac)
 +
 +  *  CABB should produce upper-sideband to avoid DiFX issues (Chris, Tim)
  
 NEW ACTION ITEMS NEW ACTION ITEMS
  
 +  *  Linear to Circular polarisation conversion. Most immediate for ASKAP data. (Chris, Richard, Cormac)
 +    *  Software changes in branch of trunk in DiFX (Chris)
 +
 +  *  More tests of Cd H-maser after contact cleaning (Jamie M)
 +  *  Update procedures for polarisation changing at L-band in Ho (Jamie M.)
 +
 +  *  New ATCA hybrid config not working in L-band. Needs WEW fix (Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  Enable alarms in Recmon during observing (All)
 +    *  Provide instructions (Chris)
 +
 +  *  Monitoring "​check-list"​ for ATNF telescopes (Chris, Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  Fringe checks complex. Need 2nd person for telescopes setups (ATNF)
 +    *  Faster access to South Africa data (tsunami?) (Chris)
 +
 +  *  Grid-ftp on ATNF for data transfers (Chris, Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Xcube sampler testing (Chris)
 +
 +  *  ATCA Wiki logs with more info (Chris)
 +    *  Perl script to pick-up info at ATCA. Link in wiki (Chris)
 +
 +  *  eVLBI development review? (All)
  
  
 STANDING ACTION ITEMS STANDING ACTION ITEMS
  
-  *  LBA ops/​technical/​e-VLBI annual meeting in Hobart 12-13 February(All)+  *  LBA ops/​technical/​e-VLBI annual meeting in Hobart 12-13 February (All) 
 +    *  Local arrangements and hotels on web (Simon) 
 +    *  Draft program and links and announcement (Tasso) 
  
  
 +Next meeting: LBA annual meeting in Hobart 12-13 February
  
-Next meeting: TBD 
lbaops/telecon2012nov29.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)