User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2012sep11

VLBI teleconference, Tuesday 11 September 2012

12:00 Perth, 14:00 Eastern Standard Time, 16:00 New Zealand (04:00 UT)

Phone:

Vic:03 9545 8222
NSW:02 9490 8022
ACT:02 6276 6622
Qld:07 3214 2311
WA:08 6436 8844
SA:08 8273 8122
NT:08 8944 8488
Tas:03 6232 5188

Meeting ID: 4840

Chair: Tasso Tzioumis

Attendance: Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Phil Edwards, Giannis Gonidakis, John Reynolds (CASS Marsfield); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Shinji Horiuchi (CASS Tidbinbilla); Brett Reid, Bev Bedson, Mac?? (UTas Ceduna); Jamie McCallum, Joe Dawson, Stas Shabala (UTas)

Apologies: Steven Tingay (Curtin)

Agenda

  • Planning for next VLBI session(s)
    • September 15-19, 2012 LBA session
      • Schedules
      • Telescope support
      • Fringe testing
      • Observers
      • Disks
      • L-band Cd testing
      • ASKAP support
      • AuScope participation
      • Wiki logs
      • Any other issues
  • Upcoming RadioAstron observations
  • ATCA/Mopra/Tid 32GHz test observations?
  • 9-16 November 2012 LBA session
  • 14-21 March 2013 LBA session.
  • Future of Data transfer.
  • News and Reports from observatories & correlator(s)
  • e-VLBI developments/demos
  • Future plans: LBA wide-banding?
    • telescope issues
    • correlator issues
    • e-VLBI
  • Next DIFX Developers Workshop 24-28 September, CSIRO, Sydney.
  • Next e-VLBI/VLBI workshop. Haystack 22-24 October. Followed by Back-end compatibility testing.
  • Next LBA operations/technical/eVLBI meeting. Hobart 12-13 February 2013??
  • AOB

Actions arising

CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED/CONTINUING

  • Consolidation of the LBA Archive to include all ATNF + Swinburne + Curtin correlated LBA data. Should also add in eVLBI output data. Maintain complete archives at Curtin and ATNF (ATNF/Curtin)
    • ATNF to develop online access to this archive (ATNF)
    • Arrange ATOA on-line access to archive (ATNF)
  • Copy LBA data archive from Curtin to ATNF (Curtin, Chris)
  • Transfer of LBA archive from Curtin to ATNF needs route. Firewall issues? (Chris, Shaun)
    • Check with Vince re grid-ftp (Tasso, Chris)
    • Push e-VLBI archive to Curtin (Chris)
  • Phasing the ATCA often during vlbi observations (ATNF)
    • Try automatic pcal via schedules on atca (Jamie S)
    • test time for K-band tied-array phase tests at ATCA (Jamie, Richard)
    • Implement automatic re-phasing of tied array at ATCA (Jamie, Chris)
    • Warn PIs to re-phase array in schedules. Need 2-3 mins (Phil)
  • Need to train observers for all antennas as more remote observing is anticipated (Tasso) continuing
  • Investigate Rx for Methanol at ASKAP. Very desirable and usable. (Tasso)
  • CABB test version records no Tsys. Need to fix before LBA session. Consult with WEW.(Jamie)
  • Brazil e-VLBI (Tasso)
  • VPAK transfers. Future? (Tasso)
    • Evaluate effort for data Xfers to Petabyte store. Include UTas, NZ and South Africa (Chris, Jamie, Cormac)
  • Need RTFC to Tid (Chris, Shinji)
    • Train Shinji? (Chris)
  • For Mk5 observations at Parkes 2 people are not enough. Need more observers (GA, CASS)
  • Storage needs at antennas (ATNF)
  • 32 GHz VLBI tests
    • Check for frequency offsets at ATCA. Talk to engineers. (Jamie)
    • 32 GHz radiator at ATCA?
    • testing?
  • Check for Cd stability improvements after fixed H-maser. (Bad internal connections?) (Brett)
  • Commission Cd L-band system. Underway. (UTas)
  • Mixed mode correlation into RTFC (Cormac, Chris)
  • MUST fill in WIKI logs for ALL observations. Lack wastes a lot of time. (All)

NEW ACTION ITEMS

  • Check that schedules have the 8441 MHz centre frequency set at ASKAp
  • Schedule more fringe tests at ASKAP to monitor system stability (Tasso)
    • Develop procedures for mixed-mode correlation tests (Chris, Cormac)
  • L-band tests with Cd for Rx commissioning
    • Prepare schedules for possible Friday slots (Chris)
  • Develop Java-scripts for rtfc control (Chris, Jamie)
  • Check disks for Yd antenna for run (Jamie M)
    • Check disks shipped from Curtin to Hobart (Jamie M)
  • Develop procedures for phase-tying at the ATCA (Jamie, Chris)
  • Tweak Ojha schedules for Mk5 data transfer for rtfc (Cormac, Chris)
  • Revised schedules to be circulated (Phil)
  • Check new correlator config for VLBI at ATCA (Jamie)
  • Check on data transfer issues
    • Xfers con trolled from Curtin? (Cormac)
    • Communicate with VPAK (Tasso)

STANDING ACTION ITEMS

  • Participate in DiFX meeting 24-28 September 2012 (All)
  • Participation in Haystack e-VLBI workshop 22-24 October (All)
  • LBA ops/technical/e-VLBI annual meeting in Hobart 12-13 February? (All)

Next meeting: TBD (Tuesday 16 October 2012?)

lbaops/telecon2012sep11.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)