User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2013dec03

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2013dec03 [2013/12/04 17:37]
tasso
lbaops:telecon2013dec03 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 74: Line 74:
  
 CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED/​CONTINUING CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED/​CONTINUING
 +
 +  *  LBA data archive consolidation and copy at CASS. (CASS, Curtin)
 +    *  LBA data archive. Need ATNF disk space (Chris,​Tasso,​ Shaun) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  ATCA phasing. Check performance and implementation (Jamie S, Richard)** Updated **
 +    *  Definitely need >200 mJy calibrators. Stress in documentation. (ATNF)
 +    *  Ask PIs to nominate phase-cals and check fluxes BEFORE scheduled observations (Phil, Jasmie S)
 +    *  Extract phasecals from Vex files and check at ATCA before run (Chris, Jamie S.)
 +    *  Need at least 6 cycles for auto-phase = 30secs if 5sec integration.
 +      *  Phase-impact on pahse-ref and claibration?​ Phase jumps?
 +      *  consult with Ojha re auto-phasecal for TANAMI (ATNF)
 +
 +  *  ATCA Tsys via CABB (CASS) ** Updated **
 +    *  Consult with Carrad and Sault about Tsys implementation on the CABB (Tasso) ​
 +
 +  *  Observer training and remote observing (Tasso) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Wiki logs (All) ** Continuing **
 +    *  Log transfers quickly to FTP area and/or Wiki (ALL) ** Continuing **
 +    *  Annual "​best"​ wiki-log competition. To be judged by correlator at annual Ops meeting. (Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Pawsey centre access for VLBI and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Linear to Circular polarisation conversion. (Chris, Richard, Cormac) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Monitoring "​check-list"​ for ATNF telescopes (Chris, Jamie S) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  For ATCA include in Wiki log: ref ant, pad, tied-array. Default ant03 on W104. (Jamie S, ALL observers)
 +
 +  *  Implement "​intents"​ keyword from Vex schedule into ATNF schedules for auto-phasing (Jamie, Chris) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Curtin Xcube testing. Unit install at ASKAP. (Chris, Cormac, Tasso) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Onsource info from ATCA. Fix cgi scripts (Chris) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  DA role during LBA sessions (Phil, Tasso, Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  Procedures for raising Ho observers on Skype. Telephone? (UTas)
 +    *  Implement lists on Skype and/or Wiki for observers(ATNF)
 +
 +  *  Get Ww FS log comments onto Wiki. Use UTas "​floggit"​ script and automate? (Stuart, Chris, Jamie M.)
 +
 +  *  Fix recmon to track correct experiment name, especially due complex recordings for Ellingsen (Chris, Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  List Mk5 rtfc times for each observation from schedules (Cormac, Chris)
 +
 +  *  Encourage and train PIs and CoIs for VLBI observing (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  RadioAstron schedules and check setups (Chris)
 +
 +  *  Mk5C test with Tid (Chris, Shinji)
 +
 +  *  Use new numbers for ATCA (4077 for DA; 4078 for Observer)
 +
 +
  
 NEW ACTION ITEMS NEW ACTION ITEMS
 +
 +  *  ATCA and Mp 7mm LO setup offsets ​
 +    *  Check if KVN tests affected. (Chris)
 +    *  Fix Mp losetup (MJK)
 +
 +  *  ASKAP web monitoring
 +  *  For wideband systems more efficient to stop data recording in slews/stops AND better effieciency in correlator.
 +    *  Adopt Mk5 systems?
 +
 +  *  Future for LBA recorders. Discuss at LBA-ops mtg (LBA)
 +
 +  *  Cd upgrades
 +    *  DAS replacement by dBBc (UTas). ​
 +    *  L-band sensitivity measurements?​ (UTas)
 +
 +  *  Tid tests for JPL DAS and Mk5c recorder ​
 +    *  Let JPL know re VDIF format (Chris)
 +    *  Web monitoring? Ports?
 +
 +  *  ASKAP VLBI monitoring (Chris, Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  KVN tests
 +    *  40/80 GHz possible? Test.
 +    *  Proposal from Richard.
 +
 +  *  Xcube testing (Chris)
 +
 +  *  CABB wide-band proges?
 +    *  Email Tim Bateman and get report (Tasso)
 +
 +
  
 STANDING ACTION ITEMS STANDING ACTION ITEMS
 +
 +  *  Plan for replacements of old LBA DAS and some failing recorders.
 +    *  Plans to replace at each station (UTas, CASS)
 +
 +  *  Next LBA Ops meeting 11-12 Feb 2014 at Curtin.
 +    *  Draft block program and speakers before Xmas (Tasso)
 +    *  Book hotels early. List on Wiki. (ALL)
 +
 +  *  Prepare for Feb-March 2014 runs around VSOP sessions. 2-3 days every 9 days. 4 runs (21/2, 2/3, 10/3, 17/3)  - ALL
 +
 +  *  VLBI science meeting in 2015 at Darwin/​Katherine (NB. Now in 2015!!)
 +    *  Setup LOC, SOC (Tasso, Jim)
 +
 +
  
  
 Next meeting: TBD (Feb 2014) Next meeting: TBD (Feb 2014)
  
lbaops/telecon2013dec03.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)