User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2013mar27

VLBI teleconference, Wednesday 27 March 2013

02:45 UT - 10:45 Perth, 13:45 Eastern Summer Time, 15:45 New Zealand

Phone:

Vic:03 9545 8222
NSW:02 9490 8022
ACT:02 6276 6622
Qld:07 3214 2311
WA:08 6436 8844
SA:08 8273 8122
NT:08 8944 8488
Tas:03 6232 5188

Meeting ID: 1091

Chair: Tasso Tzioumis

Attendance: Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Phil Edwards, Yiannis Gonidakis (CASS Marsfield); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Brett Reid, Stas Shabala (UTas); Shinji Horiuchi (Tid)

Apologies: Simon Ellingsen, Jo Dawson, Vasaant S/O Krishnan, John Reynolds

Agenda

  • Debrief from 14-21 March 2013 LBA session
    • Station reports
      • L-band Cd observing
    • Fringe checking
    • Correlator report
    • Any other issues
  • Planning for next VLBI session(s)
    • 13-18 June 2013 LBA session
      • ASKAP support
      • AuScope participation
      • NZ participation?
      • Any other issues
  • Upcoming RadioAstron observations (May 2013)
  • NTFN tests 24-28 March 2013
  • 14-19 August 2013 LBA session
  • Wiki logs
  • Data transfers.
  • News and Reports from observatories & correlator(s)
    • NZ
  • e-VLBI developments/demos
  • Future plans: LBA wide-banding?
    • Xcube tests
    • telescope issues
    • correlator issues
    • e-VLBI
  • AOB

Actions arising

CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED/CONTINUING

  • LBA data archive consolidation and copy at CASS. (CASS, Curtin)
    • LBA data archive. Need ATNF disk space (Tasso, Shaun) Continuing
  • ATCA phasing. Check performance and implementation (Jamie S, Richard)
  • ATCA Tsys via CABB (CASS)
    • Tsys at ATCA still not available in CABB.
    • Discuss with WEW (Jamie S) Done
    • Investigate implementation by Bob Sault (Tasso)
  • Observer training and remote observing (Tasso)
  • Wiki logs (All)
    • Annual “best” wiki-log competition. To be judged by correlator. (Tasso)
  • Schedule more 32 GHz tests with ATCA? (Phil)
    • Do local VLBI test between 2 ATCA antennas to check local issues (Chris, Jamie S)
  • NSW firewall issues. Test with eVLBI (Chris)
  • NEXPReS BoD tests and demo would need time around June 2013 (Tasso, Phil)
    • Distributed correlation with Curtin (Cormac, Chris)
    • BoD test (Chris, Tasso)
    • COMBINE the 2 tests? (Tasso)
  • Pawsey centre access for VLBI and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac)
  • Linear to Circular polarisation conversion. Most immediate for ASKAP data. (Chris, Richard, Cormac)
  • Monitoring “check-list” for ATNF telescopes (Chris, Jamie S)

NEW ACTION ITEMS

  • Rx selection at Parkes is not obvious. Modify atsnap to remind Rx selection (John, Chris)
  • DAS1 stats at ATCA show problems. Investigate (Jamie S)
  • ASKAP antenna drive issues to be investigated (Tasso, Mike Kesteven)
    • Implement EPICS interface for ANT29 and VLBI (Chris)
  • Hobart operational issues
    • DAS profile accidental overwrite. Implement counter measures (UTas)
    • Synthesiser frequency offsets confusiing. Need procedures to prevent (Brett)
    • Resolve issues with default Hobart disk for fringe checks (Jamie M)
  • Use fauto at Ho and Cd during setup and fringe testing (Brett, Chris)
  • Procedures in drudg and FS to enable rtfc during runs (Chris, Cormac, Jamie M)
  • Flipped data for 64 MHz at Tid. Provide stand-alone data flipping program to Curtin (Chris)
  • Check data transfer procedures from Tid for rftc. Use ssh and reverse tunnel? (Chris, Shinji)
  • NZ transfer speeds to pbstore need to be improved. (Chris, Cormac, Stuart)
  • ASKAP Vex schedules do not support rtfc without mods (Cormac, Chris)
    • New version of SCHED to be tried out. This should support correct ASKAP Vex (Cormac)
  • Need to change SCHED to implement VDIF output. Needed by DiFX corrlator (Cormac, Chris)
  • Block schedule may create confusion when Mk5s are scheduled in LBA. Need to expand mode description and educate PIs (Phil, Cormac)
  • Next LBA run 13-18 June clashes with ATUC meeting on 13 June. Manage conflict (ATNF)

STANDING ACTION ITEMS

Next meeting: 6 June 2013, in time for June 13-18 LBA session.

lbaops/telecon2013mar27.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)