User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2014may29

VLBI teleconference, Thursday 29 May 2014

04:30 UT - 12:30 Perth, 14:30 AEST, 16:30 New Zealand

ACT:02 6276 2888
NSW:02 9490 8088
Vic:03 9545 8088
WA:08 6436 8688
SA:08 8305 0688
Tas:03 6232 5088
International +61 2 6276 2888

Meeting ID: 4460

Chair: Chris Phillips

Attendance:

Apologies:

Agenda

  • Next LBA sessions 2-5 and 11-14 June 2014
    • Block schedule
    • Detailed schedules
    • Telescope availability/issues
      • ATNF
      • UTAS & AuScope
      • Tid
      • WW
      • South Africa
    • People availability
    • SOC remote observing
      • ATNF
      • UTas
      • NZ
    • Monitoring
    • Disks
    • Correlator
    • Real-time fringe tests
  • Tests
    • 32 GHz observing?
    • Xcube testing
    • DVP testing
    • Other testing
  • Next LBA session(s)
  • 19-23 September 2014
  • Upcoming RadioAstron observations
  • e-VLBI developments/demos
  • Future plans
    • CASS developments
  • LBA wide-banding?
    • Xcube tests
    • telescope issues
    • correlator issues
    • e-VLBI
  • Organise scientific meeting in Northern Territory in 2015?
  • AOB

Actions arising

CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED/CONTINUING

NEW ACTION ITEMS

Actions arising

CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED/CONTINUING

  • LBA data archive consolidation and copy at CASS. (CASS, Curtin)
    • LBA data archive. Need ATNF disk space (Chris,Tasso, Shaun) Continuing
  • ATCA Tsys via CABB (CASS) Updated
    • Tasso Consult with Warwick about Tsys implementation on the CABB (Tasso)
  • Observer training and remote observing (Tasso) Continuing
  • Pawsey centre access for VLBI and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac) Continuing
  • Linear to Circular polarisation conversion. (Chris, Richard, Cormac) Continuing
  • Monitoring “check-list” for ATNF telescopes (Chris, Jamie S) Continuing
  • Curtin Xcube testing. Unit installed at ASKAP. Commission. (Chris, Cormac, Tasso) Continuing
  • On-source info from ATCA. Fix cgi scripts (Chris) Continuing
  • Get Ww FS log comments onto Wiki. Use UTas “floggit” script and automate? (Stuart, Chris, Jamie M.)
  • Fix recmon to track correct experiment name, especially due complex recordings for Ellingsen (Chris, Jamie S)
  • List Mk5 rtfc times for each observation from schedules (Cormac, Chris)
  • RadioAstron schedules and check setups (Chris)
  • Use new numbers for ATCA (4077 for DA; 4078 for Observer)
  • For wideband systems more efficient to stop data recording in slews/stops AND better effieciency in correlator.
    • Adopt Mk5 systems?
  • Cd upgrades
    • DAS replacement by dBBc (UTas).
    • L-band sensitivity measurements. (UTas)
  • Tid tests for JPL DAS and Mk5c recorder
    • Let JPL know re VDIF format (Chris)
    • Web monitoring? Ports?
  • CABB wide-band progress?
    • Email Tim Bateman and get report (Tasso)
  • Cd drive-PC. Fix in short-term. Replace long-term? (UTas)
  • Ensure correct wraps and limits are supported in Vex, especially for At and Mp. (ATNF, Cormac)
  • Setup of circ pol hybrids at Mp. Need to tweak (ATNF)
  • Tsys logs from Mp may be wrong if polarisation hybrid not setup properly. Need to average the 2 channels (ATNF)
  • Mp L-band and X-band low power and no atten to adjust. Check with Jock (ATNF)
  • Pks update of documentation. Polarisations are usually swapped. (ATNF, JER)
  • Pkvsi1 dead! (ATNF)
  • Antenna positions at ASKAP. May need geodetic run for new antenna. (ATNF, JER)
  • Train/qualify more PIs for ATNF remote observing (ATNF)
  • Streamline monitoring. Check ssh tunnel setups. (Jamie + Jamie, Chris)

NEW ACTION ITEMS

  • GridFTP archive data to Marsfield (Chris, Cormac)
  • Access to Hart 15m Mark5 (Chris, Jon Quick)

STANDING ACTION ITEMS

  • Plan for replacements of old LBA DAS and some failing recorders.
    • Plans to replace at each station (UTas, CASS)
  • VLBI science meeting in 2015 at Darwin/Katherine (NB. Now in 2015!!)
    • Setup LOC, SOC (Tasso, Jim)

Next meeting: TBD

STANDING ACTION ITEMS

  • Plan for replacements of old LBA DAS and some failing recorders.
    • Plans to replace at each station (UTas, CASS)
  • VLBI science meeting in 2015 at Darwin/Katherine (NB. Now in 2015!!)
    • Setup LOC, SOC (Tasso, Jim)
  • Add ATCA (and Mopra?) initial wrap to schedules (Chris)
  • New contacts list on Wiki (Chris, Cormac, eveyone)

Next meeting: TBD

lbaops/telecon2014may29.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)