cdisko now supports report recording. These notes are mostly of a historical value. CJP 15-11-2007
if cdisko is unresponsive, try /etc/init.d/recorder_server restart
disko does not support remote recording (cdisko does and will be commissioned real-soon-now)
To do remote recording do the following.
- Log into receiving recorder, e.g. mpvsi2, as vlbi:
> ssh vlbi@mpvsi2
- Start the receiving program. You must create the data directory and
cd into this first. E.g.
> mkdir /data/xraid0/v210a
> cd /data/xraid0/v210a
- Log into recorder connected to vsic, e.g. mpvsi1, as vlbi:
> ssh vlbi@mpvsi1
- Run the vsib_record
>vsib_record -x -t 6.5h -m 2 -o v210a-Mp -H mpvsi2-ext
- If you wish to do a scheduled start (most useful at the beginning of a run)
>vsib_record -x -t 6.5h -m 2 -o v210a-Mp -H mpvsi2-ext -s 2007-06-20T10:00:00
- At disk change, you will have to kill both processes (^C) and repeat the process, e.g create and
cd to a new directory on the receiving end.
NOTE: When ssh'ing into the recorders from outside the observatory (e.g. into Mopra from Narrabri) the computer name must have an '-ext' added.