Hobart DiFX correlator and AuScope
- 6 PCs each with
- 2 x quad core Xeon 5335 2.0 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- 1 TB storage
- GPU: GF8500GT
- Current use
- Ceduna-Hobart Interferometer (CHI) for UTAS VLBI experiments, out-of session system tests
- Pulsar data (Jim Palfreyman & Aidan Hotan)
- Future use
- Interferometry 14m to 26m at 256 Mbps
- AuScope fringe-checks
- Interferometry with Hobart 26m and 12m
- Single-dish spectroscopy?
AuScope VLBI Project Update
- see the AuScope VLBI web page and some photos on Flickr
- Antennas: Patriot 12m
- Hobart antenna installation April to end of May 2009.
- Foundations to go in in 2 weeks time.
- New generator, power dist changes
- Small addition to control building for masers
- Katherine installation: Aug-Sep 2009
- Yarragadee installation: Oct-Nov 2009
- Aim to have a full system ready to test at Hobart shortly after installation.
- have arrived in Australia, shipping to Hobart this week, due Monday
- Technicians from Vremya visiting for 3 weeks from Nov 7
- S/X room temp system under construction by Peter McCulloch. Making good progress.
- Back end
- One Italian DBBC system on order, due at end of this year
- Three Mark5B+ units on order, due about the same time
- Weather station
- CNS Clock for Maser-GPS comparison
- Operation room at UTAS to start construction soon